Prologue

It was a peaceful evening on June the 18th 1960 until said peace was broken by the sound of a baby screaming and said child's mother tearing through the bushes as hexes flew in her direction. Anaphea Black knew her fate was sealed the moment she had revealed to her family that the father of her child had been a muggle but that didn't mean she wouldn't save her son from their wrath.

A cutting curse whizzed past her head managing to remove a few strands of hair. She didn't care, she would do whatever it took to save her son, there is little force more powerful than a mother's love and this woman was just one example of that fact. She clutched the babe to her breast hoping her body would shield him  as she raced deeper and deeper into the forest. She had no idea where she was going all she knew was that she had to get away.

Anaphea felt the cruciartus curse before she recognised the words that had left her father's lips. Her scream echoed through the forest as she fell to her knees losing her grip on the baby causing him to fly through the air. She cried in despair as her vision blurred from pain, unable to see her child anymore she writhed in agony before a green flash of light ended her life.

Several hours passed and Aragog felt a disturbance on his web. The acromantula left his nest to investigate only to be surprised by the sight of a human hatchling. He crept over preparing to sink his fangs into the morsel but froze when violet eyes opened and met his. He felt a tiny hand reach out to one of his legs petting it as if he were a dog and heard the small creature babble at him.

It was at this moment the great spider made the decision that this small being would live and upon reaching adulthood amongst humans would be the ambassador of the forbidden forests creatures amongst wizards for he could smell the magic upon it. Aragog supposed that he should at least attempt to search for the hatchlings mother and  turned away searching with his many eyes only to see the corpse laying on the forest floor surrounded by his own young he gave a short sound of approval and turned away as they began their feast.

Carefully lifting the young one up with the very tips of his fangs the acromantula began walking in the direction of the centaur encampment. They were certainly not allies but the horse people would know what to do with the hatchling, he definitely couldn't live off of flies but the spider didn't know what the humans ate. The centaurs were his only hope.

As he reached their camp he was met with arrows being fired at him which was to be expected. After all the two of them had been in conflict for years, perhaps the hatchling could bring peace between the two species. He called for them to halt their attack and after a few moments the arrowfire ceased and he was able to enter the camp.

The discussion that followed took many courses a popular one being that he had killed the childs, as he had been informed was the proper word, mother. Once he had convinced them of his innocence he began to tell them of his plan for the child to represent them amongst wizards once he was an adult. The centaurs reluctantly agreed and Aragog handed the child to a mare who quickly clutched him to her breast and smiled a little making cooing sounds at the baby.

The mare, Freya, was enraptured by the babe and couldn't look away from his Violet eyes, unnatural for a human perhaps he had some elf in his bloodline, not house elf of course but pure ancient elven blood, regardless he was perfect in her eyes. She was barren and had longed for a child of her own and it seemed that the stars had heard her wishes. She walked away from the spider and the elders who were still in deep discussion and looked to her mate who seemed equally as in love with the idea as she was.

"I shall call him Amixariel" Her words were spoken with such finality that there was no room for argument and so the forest gained a new resident, one who could very well change the fate of magical creatures worldwide.

Authors note: I don't own anything you recognise from Harry Potter I just own the plot and original characters. I hope you enjoyed reading, thank you to Atlee for giving me the confidence to write this 😊.