We Have No Choice

"Woah Lila calm down and tell me what's going on" Natasha said calmly in an attempt to calm the frantic child in front of her down.

"Mommy told me to come and get you and told me she wants you upstairs she looks in pain." Lila said without taking in any breath.

"Okay this is what we are gonna do Lila and Cooper you two go and sit in the living room, the rest of you go and sit in the kitchen and I will go and check on Laura." Natasha said in her bossy voice.

So with them all having there 'orders' they went in their respective rooms while Natasha climbed the stairs. She got to Clint and Laura's room and knocked on the door

"Laura are you okay?"

There was no response so Natasha went in and Laura was sat on the bed and Lila was right she looked in absolute agony. Natasha went and sat on the bed next to Laura

"What's going on? You have been hiding something from us since we arrived ."

"I'm in premature labour because I have Pre-eclampsia." Laura replied

"Why didn't you tell Clint?"

"I didn't want him to worry, you know what he's like, he's overprotective enough, it was a nightmare to get him to go on this mission. Telling him I have a life threatening condition was not going to go down well."

"Why didn't you tell me? You know I can keep a secret I have been doing it all my life."

"You have enough secrets to keep and now you are going to have to reveal at least one of them today because you can't deliver this baby and keep me alive on your own, you are going to have to call 'The Team' in, we don't have a choice."

"I know, I'm dreading to see their faces, here's what we are gonna do I'm gonna go back downstairs and tell Lila and Cooper to pack an overnight bag each, they can go and stay with Jack, I will tell Nick what is going on and I will call them in, do you want me to tell Clint and send him up?"

"Yes , please also Nat in my wardrobe at the back their is a box incase of-"

"Laura..."

"Please just promise me that the children will be okay."

"I promise" with that Natasha stood up and walked out of the bed room and downstairs.

"Cooper, Lila come here please" as she walked into the kitchen to see 5 worried and concerned faces.

"Yes Auntie Nat?" Cooper said

"I need both of you to go and pack one overnight bag each you are going to stay with Uncle Jack for the night, okay?"

Both kids nodded and headed to their rooms. Natasha took a deep breath and turned to face the men looking at her expectantly.

"Nat, what's going on?"

"Laura is in premature labour and she is suffering from Pre-eclampsia, we need to call in 'The Team' because I can't do this alone. Clint she wants you to go and see her upstairs."

Clint rushed up the stairs and Natasha turned to Nick.

"I'm gonna call Maria and have her fly them out here" Natasha said as she walked out of the room.

"Who's 'The Team?" Steve asked Nick

"Classified but you're gonna find out because we have lives on the line."

Just as Natasha got off the phone Cooper and Lila walked back into the kitchen

"All packed Auntie Nat."

"Okay uncle Jack and 'The Team' will be here in an hour but let me go up and see if your mum is okay."

Natasha walked upstairs and knocked on the bedroom door and entered.

"Do you want me to bring Cooper and Lila upstairs to say goodbye?"

"Yes Please" Laura replied.

Natasha nodded and went to the top of the stairs and called to Lila and Cooper to come upstairs for them to say goodbye and that they will see her in the morning. As Natasha stood outside the bedroom deep down she knew that this would probably be the last time they spoke to their mum but she kept that to herself.

Exactly 40 minutes later everyone bar Clint and Laura were waiting downstairs when they heard Maria call to announce that they were 2 minutes from landing so Natasha, Nick, Lila and Cooper all went to the front door to welcome 'The Team'.