Love you forever - Derek Hale

"Turn me" you said, coming face to face with your boyfriend. "No Y/n. I've told you before, you don't want this" he returned. "But I do" you remarked, folding your arms over your chest. "Somethings wrong" he said raising his eyebrows at you. "No" you said laconically, knowing he would hear your heart beat rise. "There is, isn't there?" he sighed. You nod your head gently and bit your lip to stop it from quivering. He lifted you up and placed you on the kitchen counter top, resting his hands on your thighs. "Recently, I've been starting to get sick again and my mom got worried and took me to the hospital-" you began. Derek's head dropped. It brought him back to a similar time a few months back, the Darach had held you in an abandoned building for weeks to try and get to Derek. Unfortunately for you, the building had a high asbestos level and you ended up fighting for your life with asbestos poisoning when they finally found you. "Well I've now been diagnosed with Asbestosis and its why I've been so tired lately and why my chest is always in pain" you said, your voice cracked because you were on the brink of tears, you had your whole life ahead of you and it all seemed to come crumbling down.

There was a moment of silence as the words sunk in, before Derek's panic  began to set in. "So what does that mean? Another operation? Antibiotics? Physio?" he began asking, his voice was angry but you knew it came from a place of fear. "There's no cure" you shook your head as tears began to stain your cheeks. You saw his face deflate, the sadness that clouded his eyes as he walked over and pulled you into his chest. "We'll get through this" he reassured. "I don't want to go through this again Derek" you sobbed. "I know but I'm here and I'll be with you every step of the way. But you've got to keep strong" he said, tangling his fingers in your hair. "What if I cant? What am I going to tell the pack? I don't want them to piety me, but they'll know somethings up" you rambled. "Y/n, look at me" he said gently. "We are going to get through this together, without the use of the supernatural. You're going to be ok" he continued after you met his eyes. "But what if-". "I promise" he cut you off without hesitation. You breathed and nod your head, before wiping the tears from your face. If you had faith in anyone getting you through this, it was him.

Weeks had gone by and things only seemed to get better. The pack didn't suspect anything, due to Derek teaching you how to hide your chemo signals and the pain was almost non existent especially with Derek removing it any chance he got. The only thing that seemed to be an annoyance was all the check-ups at the doctors and the constant coughs you caught. Derek had stuck to his word, he hadn't left your side once. For a time you felt like a normal teenager; you moaned about homework, left important essays to the last minute, made plans with Stiles to prevent you all from getting killed, snuck out in the middle of the night to meet your boyfriend and worried about pointless things like your favourite show ending (Because Same). You were even invited to one of the biggest parties of the year, including the rest of the pack. Things were starting to look up for you after all.

"Allison, Scott, Y/n!, come on we're leaving!" Stiles shouted from downstairs. The two of you were trying to help Scott after he accidently split his favourite jeans (long story). "One second" Scott shouted, followed by a wince after Allison accidently pricked his skin. "My arm is getting tired, hurry up" you whined, you had to hold him up while Allison sewed his jeans. "Guys come on, we'll be late if there's traffic!" Stiles shouted up again, obviously getting restless. "Go and start the engine then" Allison shouted back in frustration, finding the task more difficult than it should have been. "What's taking so long?" Lydia asked as she swung open Scott's bedroom door. "Forget I asked" she added, slowly backing out of the room. "I'm just sewing his jeans and Y/n is holding him up" Allison let out a laugh after realising how weird it must have looked. "You do know you could have taken the jeans off and then sewed them?" Lydia shook her head at your stupidity. The three of you sighed at the same time and you and Allison stood back up. "That would have been a lot easier" you confirmed with a head nod. Lydia shook her head again and laughed, before gesturing for you all to hurry up. When you all got into the jeep, Stiles was staring at you all in hopes of some sort of apology for keeping him waiting. You all simply ignored it, you ruffled his hair and Scott punched him playfully in the arm. "I'm glad you came Y/n" Stiles smiled at you through the wing mirror. "I always come to parties?" you smiled but with a questioning look. "You never come to parties without Derek" Scott agreed. "Well, sometimes you just got to live it up- any day could be your last" you mumbled the last part. Allison shot a quizzical look from next to you, but brushed it off after you began singing to the radio a few seconds later.

You hadn't been at the party for more than an hour when you started getting chest pain, you tried to convince yourself it was just heartburn from the vodka shots, but you knew different. You stumbled into the bathroom and began doing the breathing exercises your doctor taught you, but they didn't seem to be working. You reached in your pocket to call Derek but the numbers in your phone became blurred. You felt light headed until you finally passed out and hit your head on the tiled floor. It was no longer than five minutes before Lydia found you and called the others for help. Scott and Stiles carried you into the kitchen as Allison wiped everything off the counter top. They placed you down and began to panic, after all they had no idea what you were actually dealing with. "Call an ambulance and you, call Derek" Allison began to order, as her Argent training kicked in. "What should I do?" Lydia asked, desperate to help. "Get a wet cloth and hold it on her head where she's bleeding" she said quickly. She checked your pulse and her eyes widened. "Scott, Scott she's not breathing" Allison panicked. "Please hurry she isn't- she isn't fucking breathing" Scott repeated as he ended the 911 call. "Y/n wake up" "Y/n hold on, an ambulance will be here soon" "Does anyone know CPR?" "Come on Y/n, please wake up!".

"Hey, hey" the figure spoke softly as you sat up. "Am I at the hospital?" you asked, as your eyes began to adjust to the harsh light. "Yeah, you stopped breathing" he said, not wanting to confuse you by providing more detail. "Do they know?" you asked. "Scott overheard the doctors debriefing, I had to tell them. They had a feeling something was up anyway" he explained, not sure how you would react. "Oh" you simply said. "They're speaking to Mellissa at the reception, do you want me to bring them in?" he asked, understanding that you needed your friends. "I'm going to die, aren't I?" you sighed. "Don't think like that" he intertwined his hand with yours. You took a deep breath, feeling a tight pain in your chest. You then saw the veins in Derek's hand turn black as he took your pain away. "I'm scared" you admitted. "I won't let anything happen to you, none of us will. If it came to it- we'd do something" he reassured. "I love you" you cupped his cheek with your hand. "I love you too" he reached over and placed a soft kiss on your forehead. "I'm scared that you'll get tired of having to deal with my medical issue all the time, what if you find someone that's healthy, that keeps you far away from hospitals? The same ones that I drag you in to every other week" you began to express your fear. "I will never leave you Y/n" he smiled gently. "I hope that's true" you smiled weakly, but genuinely in return.

A While Later

Your health only seemed to be getting better, until it wasn't. A few weeks after your birthday you got sick again and things took a turn for the worst. You almost died- you would have died. But there you were, alive and well, walking the streets of Beacon Hills carefree. You heard a twig snap from behind you. You turned around, your eyes glowing gold and a smile tugging at the corners of your mouth. You ran and jumped, and they caught you. "I see someone's wolf instincts have kicked in" he laughed. You pressed your lips to Derek's and pulled lightly at his hair, before you quickly pinned him to the ground. "Rule number one, never get distracted" you teased, mocking the training he had been giving you. "Rule number 2, look for their weak spot" he continued, kicking you in the back of the leg, causing you to fall on top of him. "Cheat, you knew about that" you said, noticing his smug smirk. You picked yourself up and offered your hand out and Derek took it, bringing himself to also stand. You pulled him down so you could whisper in his ear, "You forgot rule number three, never trust your opponent"  and with that you pulled him back onto the floor. "Looks like you're going to be good at this" he groaned from the floor. "I know right" you joked, causing him to trip you up so you fell beside him. "Fancy getting something to eat?" he asked, as you also groaned in pain. "Pizza" you smiled, rolling to face him. "Pizza it is" he replied. You gave him a quick kiss, before you both stood up. He brushed the leaves off your bum as you linked your arm with his. Your life was finally coming back together- and you owed it all to Derek Hale.