See You Again

942 wordsChapter is told in 3rd person

942 words
Chapter is told in 3rd person.

————————————————

"You're an idiot really. Do you really want to leave the world fast to catch up to me?"

The blonde smiled down at the other. "You don't have to catch up. I'm here waiting for you. I never moved from my spot." He paused seeing the other crying into his knees.

"You're an idiot you know that?" He lifted the boy's chin, wiping his tears away. "Losing someone in your life isn't something that should stop you. It should push you forward to find the something that will fill what you lost with happiness." The blonde ruffled the boy's hair and sat next to him.

"You're always looking down at the ground. I may be buried in the Earth physically, but you can't see me there." He poked him in the chest. "I've left the world thinking it was over since I accomplished what I needed to do, but I was wrong. Don't leave early from this world. It shines beautifully and you should continue to walk on the soft soil that gives life. You're not dead, you're just disrupting the flow of time. Move on, Joseph. It'll be alright. It's not a dark road up ahead. The stars you meet sparkle your road. Stand up. My real friend would run and run endlessly. You know who you are right, Joseph Joestar? Now go and run free."

...

'I'm sorry, but I don't think I can run anymore.'

Joseph is seen sitting in his chair peacefully, staring out the window. The world was shining. This was the world that he walked on with the people he loved. He never regretted it.

The river of time is slowing down. The flow is stopping soon for him. He knew that for sure this time.

Joseph was tired, so he drifted off into an endless dream.

✎...

Fifty, fifty-two, fifty-three...
Joseph counted the steps he ran, closer and closer. His boots trampled the ground, clearly in a hurry to reach his destination.

The bright petals of sunflowers contrasted from the plain moldy dirt. Bubbles flew in the air, reaching out to the clouds. Joseph was getting closer. He could see a cliff with a significant stone standing alone with the bouquet of sunflowers that were there gone. His headband tied around his head. His soft blonde hair flowing in the breeze. His significant purple marks on both of his cheeks. Joseph remembered the person that he waited to see after many years of being apart.
Seventy-six, seventy-seven, seventy-nine...

Destination reached. At the edge, was the blonde sitting there watching the sun rise. The bubbles floated away as the male stood up and stood face to face with the brunette.

"What do you mean you can't run you moron? You ended up finding me first before I could find you," Caesar scoffed.

Joseph grinned smugly with a reply, "Well, you weren't the only one waiting for me to catch up. I waited to catch up to you yknow. You ran ahead after our argument, dumbass."

"Oh, about that. Sorry for leaving so quickly. Those weren't quite good parting words weren't they? I'm sorry for that, but here we are standing face to face.

Welcome back, Jojo."

Three... two... one.

Caesar was taken aback with shock as he was tackled down by Joseph, getting engulfed by him.

"Jojo what's with..." Caesar trailed off as his eyes met with the brunet's seeing that his eyes were flooded with tears. "Hey, why are you crying you baby..."

Joseph smacked Caesar in the chest and choked out, "Shut up you idiot, you're crying too and you didn't even notice!"

Caesar's cheeks flushed in embarrassment as he wiped his tears. "Those didn't mean anything..."

"You missed me too right?" Joseph asked sniffling slightly.

Caesar sighed and flicked him in the forehead. "Of course. Isn't it a no brainer?"

"Ouch- hey, that really hurts!" Joseph whined slightly. They stayed silent for a bit, lying in the grass. It was just the two of them. No training anymore. It was just the two of them hanging out.

"Hey Caesar-chan?"

"You still stay with that nickname? Are you still a kid Jojo?"

"Geez- shut up that's not the point. I just want to say thank you," Joseph paused, hesitant on his words, "thank you a lot for being my friend. I love you a lot yknow?" Joseph mumbled looking down his face bright red.

Caesar simply laughed and ruffled Joseph's hair with a bright smile plastered on his face. "What's so funny? Stop ruffling my hair," Joseph pouted.

"It's nothing. You get flustered so easily," Caesar chuckled.

Joseph sighed and pressed his cheek to Caesar's chest comfortable in their position. "Hey Jojo, don't get comfortable and sulk," Caesar sighed, but he reluctantly ended up replying to Joseph's statement earlier. "I love you too, Jojo."

Joseph let a small smile sneak up to his lips as his arms tightened around Caesar. The blonde patted the brunet's back and Caesar's hand lingered in Joseph's hair.

The sun rose and it was a new day where it started with Joseph being Caesar again after what it seemed like an eternity.

"Hey Jojo."

Joseph looked up making eye contact with the blonde's soft green eyes. "What is it?"

Caesar continued to play with Joseph's hair as he hummed slightly.

"Mind to tell me of the adventures you went on? We need to catch up on each other don't we?"

Joseph stares blankly until he grinned in response.

"We surely need to catch up on the news Caesar-chan! Okay, so when I got older I went to Japan to visit my daughter Holly..."

FIN.

Author's note!
Sorry I cut it short to three chapters and this chapter was pretty short too so sorry for that 🕵️
Honestly this was supposed to be just a oneshot but I guess it ended up to being more than one chapter so uh 😔😔
I'm not the best writer out there so sorry if some of it is confusing in some way, but I tried LFMSOS
Thanks a lot for reading I love you guys 🧜‍♂️❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥