thirteen

Chenle showed a bright smile before he left the stage and the crowd applauded to his performance. He was invited to sing at his friend's birthday party, Xiaojun. It was held at a 5-star hotel in Seoul and since Xiaojun's family was also one of the most influential families in China, there were a lot of familiar faces in this party. Honestly, it doesn't look like a birthday party of a 19-year-old, but a party of businessmen and businesswomen.

Aish. I wish Jisung was here.

"Yah, can you pretend that you're enjoying this party?" Xiaojun asked him.

Chenle took a sip from his apple juice, "Are you sure this is your birthday party?"

Xiaojun rolled his eyes, "Believe it or not. Yes, this is my party."

"The adults seem to enjoy this more than us," Chenle commented. There were more adults here than teens.

"Chenle, is that your classmate?" Xiaojun asked while pointing at the guy wearing a white tuxedo.

Chenle looked at the direction Xiaojun pointed at, "Yeah. You're right. He's also invited?" It was Yangyang with his father, talking with Xiaojun's father.

"My parents are the ones who took care of the invitation. I didn't know he was invited," Xiaojun said. "Looks like he's enjoying talking to the oldies."

And Chenle nodded slowly as he watched Yangyang smile and laugh along with the older people.

"Excuse me. You're Zhong Chenle, right?" A man in mid-40s approached him.

Chenle looked at the guy. He was familiar but he couldn't tell where he saw the man. "Yes, I am."

"Well, I'm Lee Sooman from SM Entertainment," The man introduced himself. "Well, I'll be honest and straightforward. I approached you because I want to cast you to train in my label and debut as a singer. I liked your singing, I liked your voice- it was angelic and gentle. And I also heard from your parents that you have experience in dancing."

"I'm sorry but-"

"I don't need your answer tonight. I produced a lot of famous and successful artists. Please, think about it." Mr. Lee said as he handed his calling card to Chenle before he leave. "Please, think about it."

Chenle looked at the calling card, but seconds later he put it inside the pocket of his slacks.

"You should consider it," Xiaojun said. "A lot of people want to train in his label and debut as an artist and a lot failed. People would kill to be in your spot."

"You know him?" Chenle asked. "He looks familiar but I really don't know him."

Xiaojun nodded, "All artists that he produced became famous and successful. But his label is also one of the hardest labels to enter. I heard various comments about the training there, it was tough and draining. One of their artist even said that even if how long you trained there and they don't see your potential you won't debut. But he already guaranteed your debut, Chenle."

"People might think that I got there because of money and influence," Chenle sighed. "And show business is chaotic."

"HEY, HOW'S THE party?" Jisung asked Chenle as he sat down at the bench.

"Boring," Chenle answered. "It was full of old people."

"That sucks," Jisung commented that made Chenle chuckle.

Chenle intertwined his and Jisung's hands and rested his head onto Jisung's shoulders. It was a long peaceful silence between the two but they're not complaining. They're just listening and feeling each other's heartbeats. It was satisfying. It was peaceful.