Chapter 5: The Challenge Has Begun

Lea P.O.V.

Most of the day is over, and now I'm headed to the dreaded room for my last class, or I guess you could say detention. I've only gotten it like one other time, where instead of writing on the board, I wrote on the wall. But like it was a complete accident...

As I head towards the closed door, I tense up a bit. Ugh, who am I going to have to spend these stupid unnecessary minutes with. Oh no, I forgot to call Mom! I sigh at my thought of her again, who am I kidding she wouldn't even care. I slowly twist the door open to try and be as inconspicuous as possible. As the crack of light from the window slowly grows brighter and brighter, my skin shivers a bit more. My eyes focus back into the normal light to find every single pair of eyes on me.

My eyes dart around the room trying to find someone I know. As I turn my head to my right, I notice a pair of familiar eyes staring back at me from the corner of the room. The familiar pair of hazel eyes. Jake. Wait, what's he doing here?

I stare at him sending him a sibling telekinesis sort-of 'Why are you here?' expression and he just stares back with a blank face like an idiot. I roll my eyes at him as he signals for me to take my phone out. I discreetly pull out my phone, opening my messaging app, keeping one eye on my hand, the other on the teacher, who's currently on a huge vibe, listening to music with his beats and probably just grading things on his laptop.

Jakiepoo💩:  wut are u doing in detention???

                                                                                                                                                        Me: texting you, duhhh

Jakiepoo💩: ugh, seriously what'd u do that'd get u into detention? On the first day nonetheless lol

                                                                                   Me: It wasn't even my fault! Em just kept talking and the  teacher thought I was distracting her bc I was late :/ now u have to say what u did

Jakiepoo💩: oof bro. 

Jakiepoo💩: I was skipping with my friends ;)

I set my phone down. He skipped the college courses? How wasn't he punished? Also what's with the 'bro'? He's definitely changed. I send him a menacing glare as he shrugs and goes back to going on his phone. The rest of the time, I just lay my head on my arms watching the students from after school clubs and sports leave one-by-one.

An hour and a half passes, and I've been doing absolutely nothing. Well except playing with my nails, staring at the window, and having staring contests with the ceiling, walls, and the desk (sadly they all beat me). Yep, superrrrrr productive. A whole hour ago, people started leaving, including Jake, because their one hour pass was over. I stare blankly at the ceiling. Shouldn't detention be over by now?

"Alright guys, if you had a two hour pass, you may go now. Have a good night." The teacher says in a slightly annoyed tone. He puts his headphones back on and immediately starts jamming again. I'm freeeeeeeeeeee. With this, I quickly grab my things and rush out of the classroom. Finally, I can go home and take a nice break and relax.

Brett P.O.V.

I'm heading towards my car, when I notice Lea pacing around the parking lot frantically, kinda like a cute lost puppy. I smirk at this, and head over towards her.

"We meet again Lea, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, please leave me alone." She responds dialing a number on her phone, seconds later, only to hear voicemail. She groans super loudly, in frustration. 

"I can take you home you know."

"No, I can manage just fine." She responds. With this, she trots away, each step the sound of her sneakers getting fainter and fainter. I sigh at this, I wonder what's going on with her.

— Time Skip —

"Just in time! You made it!" Rider announces holding a bottle of some sort of alcohol he most likely stole.

"Yep, I did." I nod my head at him. He waves a hand and drags me to a room, stumbling and swaying with each step. Just what I thought, he's drunk. He hands over the bottle and I take it from his hands, I can't wait to get this party started. I drink down a big gulp, the alcohol engulfing my mouth burning my throat.

"Hey, come over here!" Jake yells. Oh, I'm surprised he came. I walk over to him.

"What's up?" 

"We're gonna play some games. Wanna join?" 

"I'm down." I shrug. He nods and leads me through the massive house and into a room where all the other guys are at. Everyone greets me as I walk in. Megan is dressed up nicely in a cool dress and she smiles and waves when she notices me. I wave back at everyone else and walk up to her, kissing her on the cheek.

"Alright, wanna play Question and Bet?" We all agree except for Carson. We all roll our eyes as Bryce explains the rules to him.

"So one person gets asked any question, if they answer it, they get to do a dare with the person asked. However, if they don't, every other person gets to give the person a bet. Okay?" Carson nods his head. 

"Who should start?" Megan asks everyone.

"You can if you want." Bryce shrugs. The rest of us nod in agreement. She turns toward her right, Rider. Next thing we know, there's a grin plastered on her face.

"Who was your first crush?" There's a lot of snickers coming from around the group.

"Umm, her name was Sara? Or Sandy? I'm not sure, oh god, it's been so long. She's not from around here though. I met her during my trip to Vermont. But that was like 10 years ago, so it doesn't matter." He says kissing the forehead of his new 'girlfriend', though we all know it'll only last a few more hours max.

"So, that means I get to give you a dare. Ok, I dare you to flirt with the oldest teacher in our school. For the rest of the year." We all scream with laughter. She pouts at first, then laughs with us, takes a chug of beer, and eventually complies.

"Now, who shall be my next victim... So Brett, what's going on with your private life?" I suck in a sharp breath. I can't tell anyone this. It'll ruin my whole reputation. Nope, not risking it.

"Fine, everyone gets to give me a bet." I sigh, this is going to take forever. I nod at most of them, however I deny a few of the bad deals. One bet from Carson really gets my attention.

"You should get Jake's sister to fall for you, then reject her right before the summer. You'll get all the money you need from me. I really just want to see her reaction, considering how cute she is." I notice Jake by the other side of the table gulping down tons of drinks. This will really help Mom and Dad, so I guess it's not a big deal. I did this all the time with my previous girlfriends. And flings. What's one more girl to string along? Megan chuckles at his statement.

"I would love to see her horrendous expression." She laughs.

"Hold on, who's his sister?"

"Lea, Leana Walker." Carson replies. Lea was his brother? Well, this will be fun.

"Okay, deal."

Hey! 

Sorry for the cliffhanger, but we'll update soon! That was also a pretty long chapter! (About 1,200 words!) So, comment and vote if you enjoyed! Thank you for giving this story a chance!!

Also, just to make the story fit together, we created a random game similar to truth or dare, the tile kinda sounded weird, but it's fine...

XOXO,

S & A