Chapter One-Owen's POV

Our team, along with the Toma team, set out for an undiscovered planet, which the Academy has dubbed Delta Deelius 1. We were sent ahead of two other groups as a security measure. It was our job to scout the planet for any remaining sentient beings, outlaws, or anything that might pose a risk to the older teams.

These two teams were completely different from each other. One group was made up of five members, four dogs and one bird. They are known as the Anderson team. Lily, the lone bird, is an air elemental like myself. With her special abilities, she is able to empathize with others. She uses such gifts in the field of psychology. She was asked to come in case survivors were found and needed help, mentally, physically, or psychological. We had no idea what we were walking into and the more help we had on hand, the better. The males on the team range vastly, much like my own team. I wasn't certain of their exact abilities, but knew when they were younger, they were highly sought after. They've semi-retired now, but still come on these missions when it's important.

The other team was made up of three members. They weren't an everyday team. Just one that came together for things when situations called for them. Each was highly intelligent in their field and could usually be found on their own turf. Dr. Phil Roberts was an Earth elementalist who studied anthropology, but was usually at the hospital as a medical healer. Dr. Rose  was an archeologist and Dr. Buble was a paleontologist. This team would come to the planet to study the planet itself and its culture. Find out what happened to it, its people, and resources.

My team was in our own ship, the Ghost Siren. Don't ask me where it's name came from, I have no idea. I've tried to find information in the Academy as to who originally named the ship, but nothing has ever come up. It doesn't really matter much, but when I asked if my team could rename it, we received a resounding no in response.

The trip would take nearly a week to get there

The trip would take nearly a week to get there. During this time, we will double check our gear that will be needed when we land. Weapons, first aid kits, and travel packs filled with easy-to-carry food (these are like MRE packs) and water tablets, along with canteens. Our orders were to stay with both teams for however long it took for them to gather their data and propose their theories. Could be a few days, a few months, but no longer than a year. The Academy didn't wish for us to be away from our duties for an extended period of time.

My team, the Blackbourne Team, along with the Toma Team, were both highly sought after teams. We specialized in every due to our large numbers and mix of elementals. Usually elementals team up with others of their kind. Earth with Earth. Air with Air. Fire with Fire. Water with Water. On my team, we had a large mixture of each one except for water; Silas was our only one. The Toma team had one of each; however, they had two waters, tallying their total of five members. They used to have a sixth member, another Earth elementalist, but he left to join a couples team with his fiance.

The days passed quickly and soon enough we were entering the atmosphere of Delta Deelius 1. For an abandoned planet, it was quite lovely. Pinks, purples, and blues circles around tall mountain-like structures. Even from up here, I could make out what I'm assuming used to be homes or businesses.