The funeral

The next day

I wake up and my eyes hurt sooo bad. I went to the bathroom and see my eyes are blood shot and puffy I put makeup so Maria and the others won't noticed. I brushed my hair and brushed my teeth. I put a black hoodie and black jeans. I don't have that nice of cloths. Then I went downstairs and see Maria making waffles.

Bethany: thanks Mari

Maria: you need your strength for the speech and going home today

I nod after I'm done eating I have 3 minutes till the funeral. I decide to text Benny. I go up to my room and text him.

Bethy💕🥵
Hey Benny

Crush💕
Hey Bethany, how are you?

                                                                 Bethy💕🥵
        I'm good and you? Add me on snap cause I want to see you🥺

Crush💕
I'm good, okay what is it?

                                                                 Bethy💕🥵
                                                       Baby_Bethany15

He added me and I snapped him.

3 minutes later I needed to leave.

At the funeral

I got there and it was already my turn to speak.

Bethany: I wanted to say that Mr. Mertle was a good man, he was the coolest, he knew my parents before I was born he was technically my second dad, he taught me how to play baseball when my dad couldn't, he taught  me how to read, write and do math, he taught me how to ride a bike, defend myself. He mostly taught me everything. The most important thing he taught me was to never let go of my dream, he once told me "even when life is tough and you think you will never be a good baseball player don't give up if you try hard and hard your dream will come true, but when you think life is going good one of your nightmares will appear" I didn't know what he meant but now I do. My nightmare wasn't not being a good baseball player or being judged it was losing my dad. He was not only my dad he was my BEST FRIEND.

I started to cry. I went off the stage and ran to Maria to give her a hug. Everyone was crying and hugging me.

Maria: you did a brave thing

Beth: can you take me home please?

Maria: you leaving so early?

I tried to think of a lie cause the reason I want to go home is to see Benny but I didn't want to see him right now.

Beth: I didn't get enough sleep and I'm tired

Maria nods and she drove me home.

Maria: remember be careful and don't mess around with boys!

I giggled and nodded.

I went inside and went outside to see Hercules. He came up to me slowly I knew he was sad too.

Beth: I know Hercules I miss him too

Hercules slowing licks me. I hug him. I take him inside cause it was chilly outside. I went up to my room and grabbed my little stuffed doggy that he gave me and cuddled with it.

I'm sorry if this sucks this story will get better I promise.

Word count: 519