un,

KUROO TETSUROU, DESPITE HIS QUICK WITS AND CLEVER MIND, CANNOT KEEP A JOB FOR THE LIFE OF HIM

KUROO TETSUROU, DESPITE HIS QUICK WITS AND CLEVER MIND, CANNOT KEEP A JOB FOR THE LIFE OF HIM. Perhaps someone out there is surprised by this fact, but it sure as hell isn't (and probably never will be,) Yaku Morisuke. 

"Kuroo, I'm sorry, but did you just say you got fired..?" Kuroo's nails tap impatiently against his desk, his eyes flicking to his roommate. Said boy's face is scrunched up and his brows are furrowed. The disappointed aura flowing from him makes Kuroo sigh and wave a flippant hand.

"Yes, yes I did. Whoops. I can get another job, it's fine." His roommate groans once more, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

Yaku is a petite boy and his features are ever so slightly feminine, with pleasantly long lashes and a rounder face shape. His almond shaped eyes add to his look, and yet Kuroo still feels that Yaku, with his soft features, is absolutely terrifying in his own right.

"You can't tell me it's fine when you've had that job for, what, three weeks? You can at least buy your own damn groceries. It's sad seeing you broke as shit and mooching off my resources." Kuroo grunts at that, his eyes flicking to his phone.

"Whatever. I'll hit up Kai, see if he can help me work something out." Yaku clicks his tongue, lazily averting his eyes. His tone is rather leisurely, a bit sly if you knew Yaku well enough to recognize it. Kuroo should, but oh, he does not.

"I mean, I thought you could at least pick up your own slack. Oh well, forget I said anything." Kuroo looks up from his phone, brows raising. A taunt.

"Are you saying I can't?" Yaku's look is smug, his eyes gleaming in the yellow dorm room lighting, highlighting the copper shade of his irises. Menacing, to put a name to a face.

Oh, to know you've won the war.

"Are you saying you can?" Kuroo scoffs at the idea of an accusation, standing up from the table and moving to nab his jacket from the hook in the closet, ultimately making a decision in a manner too quick for his usual leisurely ways.

"I'm going out, then, and I'll have applied for a job by the time I get back." With that, Kuroo's gone.

Once the lock clicks, Yaku snickers, making his way to the kitchen. Perhaps a victory snack is in order. He soon decides that, yes, yes it is.