i love you

"I'm sorry."

Akaashi knew this would happen. 

He smiled at his ace, his one and only, his love, and shook his head, "it's okay, Bokuto-san."

Bokuto didn't expect this day would come. He admitted, he was attracted to Akaashi the moment his doe owl eyes landed on the beautiful pair of gunmetal blue orbs. It may have been the fact that Akaashi was a setter that made Bokuto's heart skipped, or it may have been the fact that Akaashi handled him better than anyone else as the time passed, or it may have just been Akaashi.

The important fact is that there was definitely something. 

Something that lured Bokuto in.

"Bokuto." 

Bokuto snapped back to reality at Akaashi's stern voice. Surprised. Akaashi straightened his back and stared directly at Bokuto, not wanting to remove eye contact even for a second.

Akaashi smiled. "Congratulations on winning today. And about my confession, I expected nothing in return, Bokuto. You don't have to return the feeling, you don't have to say it back."

Bokuto stood there, didn't know how to respond to that.

Akaashi eyed his teammates who were busy stuffing their face into the huge onigiris the Onigiri Miya provided. "You should go back now, your teammates awaits you."

"Akaashi," Bokuto started, his voice just above a whisper, but Akaashi silenced him with a hug.

"I'll see you at our fukuro's reunion?"

"Definitely."

With that, Akaashi left.

He arrived with what's left of his beating heart, he left with an empty one. 

Because he poured everything into his letter, now that he had showered all of his heart to Bokuto's, he didn't even realize the tears that endlessly ran down his cheeks as he slammed his head to the steering wheel of his car.

Akaashi covered his sobs with his hands, feeling highly disgusted with himself as to how much he was crying for this matter. He had a mild flash back to the past, to where he won a match with his ace, his first win, how loud he shouted, how the energy rushed in his body. He bit his lips, didn't want any noise to escape him.

"Hey, Akaashi."

"Yes, Bokuto?"

"The stars," Bokuto said, "it's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Akaashi nodded, absentmindedly reaching out his hand to the night sky. "When I die... I'd like to float and shine as bright as them."

"Pfft," Bokuto snickered, "you believe in those stuff?"

Akaashi huffed. "Well, what do you believe then, Bokuto-san?"

"Oh come on, aren't stars those huge celestial things that uhh made mostly from hydrogen and helium that produce light and heat from the churning nuclear that forges inside their cores? We've learned this before."

Akaashi blushed a deep red. Bokuto smirked.

"I-I-- I--"

"I was just messing with you, Akaashi," Bokuto nudged the flustered boy and chuckled at how embarrassed Akaashi appeared to be.

"I didn't know you were smart, Bokuto," Akaashi muttered.

"Is that an insult?!" Bokuto frowned which Akaashi smirked at, "I mean, you were the one who told me that, how could I forget it?"

I'd never forget how your eyes shine so bright as you discussed about stars and galaxies and volleyball to me that one night, Akaashi, Bokuto thought to himself and closed his eyes.