N°4

H O G W A R T S : S C H O O L
O F W I T C H C R A F T A N D
W I Z A R D R Y

🐾🐾

SEVERUS ran a hand through his goddaughter's hair, "Hazel, how do you feel?" He asked when he felt how warm the child's head was. "My head hurts," the little girl whimpered, leaning towards her godfather with a sniffle and a small cough.

He wordlessly summoned some potions.

"What's dat?" Hazel asks, her little nose already beginning to look red, and her cheeks were flushed. She now was sprawled in Severus's lap, slowly beginning to curl up in a ball.

"Just some potions, bug," he answered gently, letting his little nickname for her slip, stroking her hair, he was a little bit worried- Hazel was never sick when she transformed before, he didn't know what could happen nevertheless he was prepared for what could happen.

"I don't want potions, unca sev," Hazel whines in a meek voice, "You have to, Hazel, it's so you can get better," Severus answered in a soothing voice, lowering the lights with a well-placed swish of his wand as he spoke, "Did you make 'em?" Hazel's eyes darted to the row of potions, her voice wavering as her sickness continued to make progress through her system.

"Of course," Her godfather answered softly, clumsily tying her hair- he'll get the hang of it soon. "Okay den," she answered, closing her eyes, he was exhausted so was she, she was very clingy the whole day, he hadn't managed to get out of his quarters let alone floo-call Albus to inform him that we would not show up to meals that day.

Severus thanked Merlin it was at least the beginning of the weekends.

Severus administered the potions and then went over the schedule of doses in his head. He let Hazel take a sip of water before banishing the rest of the empty vials away, he opened a jar of chest rub and rubbing it on her chest.

"Can I have a blanket?" Hazel asked slowly, "It's cold, I want my toy." Severus nods, and quickly summons the lion and her favorite blanket, praying to all the gods she'd fall asleep, his leg was numb.

She fell asleep quickly, and Severus managed to slip away, eating a quick dinner, he jumped at the sound of knocking on the portrait, "Fuck." He grunted, Severus growled, wrenching the portrait open, ignoring the angry exclamations of the painted person, "What the fuck do you want?" He snapped quietly, turning his head to look behind him, hopefully, Hazel didn't hear them, "Uh, you forgot to hand me the potion, Severus-"

"Here," he hissed at Lupin, taking the potion from the small table near the door- he had hoped the werewolf had enough sense to come to him when Snape couldn't- passing the goblet to Remus roughly, making the potion slosh and nearly spill, "Keep your voice down will you? I've only managed to calm her down." Remus tried to peer into the rooms, "Is everything alright?"

Snape let out an exasperated sigh, really not wanting to deal with the nosy werewolf, "None of your business! Now, please, leave. I have more important matters to deal with." Remus could hear the plea in the Potion Master's voice, but he didn't dare voice it.

"Severus." Minerva's voice piped from behind Remus, making the DADA Professor jump, "I was wondering if I could see Hazel?" Severus wanted to bang his head against the wall, "Not tonight Min," Snape sighed, looking over his shoulder again, "You," he turned to Lupin, "Drink up, and leave." He watched as Remus gulped down the potion and grimace, he snatched the goblet from the DADA teacher bid the both of them a curt good night and closed the portrait gently.

"What the hell was that?" Remus said aloud, scrunching up his eyebrows and turning to Minerva. "I don't know, he seems exhausted- since you have taken your potions let's go help him, go get Albus first, Severus can never say no to the old coot.

***

Minerva returned with Remus and Albus behind her, Albus moved forward and pushed open the portrait quietly, to find the potions master sprawled beside Hazel's curled up body, Severus shot up, his wand pointed at them, "Oh, it's you." Snape narrows his eyes at them, "What are you doing here?"

"Are you alright, my boy? You look tired." Severus gave him a tired look, "Mind leaving my chambers? You're going to wake up Hazel." He grunted, trying to shoo them away, "You're exhausted," Albus repeats, "Go and get some sleep, I'm sure Minerva and Remus can take care of Hazel,"

"Absolutely not!" Snape sneered, "I'm not letting Lupin near Hazel during a full moon," Remus mumbled something under his breath,   "I can leave if you want me to, Severus..." He really didn't want to hurt the tiny human, who knows what could happen? "Yes, leave." Snape answered immediately, "No, Remus, stay." Dumbledore interjected, "That's an order."

"Severus, be reasonable," Minerva chided gently, placing a gentle hand on his forearm, "Get some rest dear boy, I promise Albus and I will take good care of Hazel."

"Fine," Severus grouched, caving in, "If I see a single scratch on my goddaughter, the both of you will pay," He warned, glaring at Albus and Remus, "Wha-?" Remus spluttered, terribly confused, "Now, Severus, that isn't fair," Albus popped a lemon drop into his mouth, "If you're going to make Remus and I's lives harder, might as well include Minerva." Snape rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Yeah," Remus agreed without thinking, "Oops, sorry Minerva, I didn't mean that." Remus smiled sheepishly, "Whatever," Snape looked exasperated, turning to Minerva to inform her about what Hazel would need, "I think a couple hours of sleep will do," Severus sighed, mumbled a good night, and disappeared around the hallway.

***

The moon had risen, Remus hid away in the bathroom to transform, Hazel was still asleep, curled up in Minerva's lap, Albus was reading one of Snape's books, suddenly Hazel's arms and neck began sprouting chestnut hair, she wiggled around a little, and yawned, rolling down from Minerva's lap and onto the sofa, completely in wolf form, she stretched her body, twisting around a little.

"How was your nap little one?" Albus asks, chuckling a little bit, Hazel pulled her head up and snapped her jaws at the headmaster playfully, "Would you like any food?" Minerva pats down her fur, the little wolf shook off her hand and began to yip in agreement, Minerva stands and goes off the kitchen.

Hazel's snout scrunched up, smelling someone familiar yet she didn't know who, she hopped down from the sofa, taking her little lion between her jaws, she headed to the bathroom, pushing the door open with her head, Hazel tilts her head at the huge grey wolf curled up by the tub, he turned his head at her, blinking his yellow eyes, she sniffed at him curiously.

"Hi, Mister."

"Hello,"

"Ah, I see you've met our friend." Albus peered into the room, the pup began howling and yipping, running around Albus, "Tell me what his name is Grandpapa, tell me pleaseee," Albus twisted around, trying to follow her movements, "It's Professor Lupin, Hazel, stop running around so fast, my dear, you are going to give me a headache." Hazel let out an oomph, running into the big wolf.

Well, this certainly makes everything exciting. Albus thought, smiling widely.

🐾🐾

Sorry for taking so long to update hihi, I don't really have too much free time. More to come, don't cha worry.