New, Broken, Beautiful

The vibrations of the music made the walls tremble. My stomach, what was it doing. I can't even master a simple cartwheel yet here it was doing back flips and somersaults. The chicken tikka that I'd eaten an hour before was about to resurface, standing in line was no longer an option.  I pushed pass girls in bralettes, skinny trousers and sheer skirts. Rushing into the first open door I saw, I bent over the toilet and deposited my over-priced dinner. When I was finished, I went to the sink.

       "I'm gonna message Lucy and tell her to meet us at the exit." My friend Emma, Em for short, stood me while typing on her phone.
       "No, no no. We're having fun! Why do you want to leave?!" I replied.
       "Have you seen yourself?"
       "I'm fine. Why do you always have to be such a mum?" Reaching in my bag I pulled out my foundation and lipstick.
       "Jas! We are leaving. There's no need to do that." Em kissed her teeth.

       "I can't let 'im see me like this man." Smacking my lips, I dropped the lipstick back in my bag and pulled out my mascara.

Em let out a deep sigh and sat on the side of the sink.

       "Have you told him yet?"
       "You know we're not speaking."
       She cut me a side eye and spoke into her phone, "Lucy, we're still in the loo so just come... She doesn't want to see Azar. I know, she's actin' like a downright twat."
       "Hey!" I fluffed my hair and took a step away from the mirror so I could see myself fully. My black lace playsuit went so well with my earrings.
       Em scoffed. "Azar, what kind of name is Azar," she got down off the side of the sink and smoothed her dress. "Of all the Punjabi boys in Soton that you could have picked, you had to go for the freshie from uni with a butters name like 'Azar'." 
Lucy rushed into the bathroom. Her pale pink cheeks were flushed.

       "Your husband wants to speak with you," she said.
       "Lucy! Why'd you tell him I'm in here?"
       "I didn't have to tell him. He saw me heading in here and just assumed, correctly, that I was going to you. He's waiting outside," she replied.
       "Lucy!"
       "He's your husband, and you need to tell him."

        We exited the bathroom and a warm hand gently touched mine. I tried to pull away but his grip was strong.
       "Please Jasminder," Azar said. His three years in Southampton had not softened his accent.
My useless friends kept walking. 
       "I don't want to talk to you."
He led me into a corner near the window. Backing the dance floor, he pulled me closer and leaned down to me. "Why are you punishing me and I haven't done anything." 
       "Your mum is horrible. She treated me like trash and you didn't even defend me."
       "I'm sorry."
       "I'm nineteen. I'm too young for this drama, don't you think."
       "I want you come home Jas. It's been a week. I really really miss you. You can't stay..."
       "I'm pregnant."
       "What!"
       "I'm pregnant."
       "Are you serious?" Letting go of my hand, he ran his fingers through his thick black hair and looked away. "Have you been drinking?"
       "No idiot." I hit him across his chest. "I'm pregnant why would I be drinking."
       "Whoaa." He hugged me around the waist and placed his chin on my cheek. "Please come home Jas."
       "Fine."