André flung himself into Firmin's arms. Firmin held him, in shock at first but then leaned into him. He held him close and rubbed his lower back.
"André lo-monsieur what's the matter?"
André was shaking in his arms, whatever happened to him must've really scared him.
"Th-the ghost!"
He whimpered into his shoulder. Firmin rolled his eyes. There was no ghost, but André was convinced there was.
"It's alright, you were just imagining things.
No!"
He picked his head up from Firmin's shoulder.
"I heard him! He cackled at me! Firmin I heard him!"
André's eyes were glazed over with tears. One escaped. Firmin cupped his cheek and wiped the tear. André leaned into his hand.
"It's alright. I won't anything harm you. Not some silly ghost or anything."
Firmin's heart was racing. He'd never been this close to André. He knew his feelings were wrong, but he wanted so badly to just give into them. André sniffled and gave a weak smile.
"You're still shaking. Let's get you home. You need a break."
André nodded at Firmin's suggestion. Firmin told Madame Giry what had happened, she nodded and would take over while they were gone.
The coach ride home was nice for the both of them. André sat next to Firmin with his head in his chest. Silently he let tears run down his face, soaking Firmin's shirt. The carriage jolted to a stop, they had arrived at André's small flat.
Once inside Firmin took him to his room. He held his clammy hand and guided him up the stairs.
André stripped to change into his sleepwear which made Firmin blush furiously.
"I guess I'll be off then..."
Firmin turned to leave but André caught him by the wrist.
"No, stay."