34.

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR.

               "I'M NO SAVIOUR, TOMMY."

Well, it turned out Felicity Woods was right. Or she thought she was, anyway. She wasn't a saviour, she wasn't a saint, and she most definitely was not the angel that everyone around her kept claiming her to be. Her halo had fallen long ago and whilst Tommy had forever said that he would love her for an eternity and longer, she knew that the moment he realised her angelic soul had been long gone, all would change.

She just did not know how long it would take for him to realise such a thing, though.

As of now, Tommy Shelby was frantically trying to sort through the papers that had come to be assorted in a horrible mess on his desk, and he was shouting instructions through the door that Arthur would then bark at everyone working on the books. It was all hands on deck, it seemed, and Felicity watched as the chaos unfolded around her, spilling out from every nook and cranny with flying pens and pencils and angry, impatient yells raining from one end of the betting shop to the other. The double green doors had been flung open and chips of emerald paint littered the floors in tiny thin shards, letting the Shelby household cascade into the betting shop as the two worlds collided and Tommy tried to sort everything out before the entirety of his life went to shit all because of that deceitful, meddling Woods patriarch.

"Fuck!" Tommy cried loudly as he bundled the papers into his arms and pushed them to one side, swearing loudly as he could not for the life of him find the one document that had bound the Woods and Shelby business agreement.

Despite herself, despite everything, Felicity found herself by his side.

"Can I help?" She asked him softly.

She had done enough, she knew that.

But any way to fix her mess ― all of this disgusting chaos that was most definitely her fault ― would help, would it not?

Tommy turned to her and shook his head. "There's nothing to do," he told her in return. "He's fucked me over and we won't have a chance to get it back until the races on Monday week." He kicked at his chair with the toe of his shoe and swore once more, unable to keep his fury in check as his eyes fell on every piece of paper that had been strung about every single surface in this office.

The blonde could have cried, if it hadn't meant that he would have realised her part to play in all this, that is. Guilt consumed her and wrecked at her being, fighting with her consciousness to let the tears cascade down her cheeks like waterfalls and show the man her true colours.

She didn't, though. She couldn't admit it to him ― the last thing he needed was her sobbing whilst he fought to get his business back.

So Felicity straightened her back, pushed her shoulders back and pulled her blonde curls away from her face before facing him completely. She had been a Woods, after all, hadn't she? Felicity had dealt with her fair share of bad decisions and chaos in her lifetime and sure, it hadn't been due to a betraying fiancé, but she would still use every ounce of her stubborn blood to at least get back Tommy's business, even if she wouldn't get Tommy himself back.

"Come on," she told him, leading him away from the desk so that she might slip into the chair and try and make sense of the papers. "I made a binder a while back ― maybe it'll be in there, eh?"