Chapter 13 - Julian vs. Kira

'3, 2, 1! Let it rip!' the crowd along with German DJ yelled and the battle between the two team leaders began.

The two beyblades spun fast around the stadium. Both seemed to be waiting to see the other's next move before they attacked.

'Right rotation?' Kira taunted. 'So vanilla.'

'You're not strong enough to be a match for Destroyer's left rotation,' Julian replied with contempt.

'Oh really?' the female asked sarcastically with an evil smirk on her plump dark lips.

At the stands, the Japanese team mechanic noticed her exchange of expression.

'That's not good,' Madoka commented with worry filling her soft teal eyes when she noticed the smirk on her friend's face.

'I think it's hot,' Chao-Xin confessed completely missing the point of the mechanic's words.

'Last time she did that face,' the brunette spoke but then Gingka interrupted.

'She defeated Ryuga. And it was an ugly battle.'

'She did that!?' Masamune asked almost in disbelief just like the members of Wang Hu-Zhong.

Suddenly, Phoenix rushed to the black Beyblade and hit it with full force sending it flying. Then, before it could reach the stadium again, the red Beyblade attacked it once more.

Julian's blue eyes showed his surprise when he saw his bey flying to the other side of the stadium and being continually attacked by Kira's. That was when he found an opening and was able to return to the stadium.

It was time for him to use one of his tricks too. He wasn't planning to use his special move so soon but he had underestimated Kira's power and he really needed to make up for that.

'Counter mode, open Eyes of Medusa!'

'Now, Phoenix!' the British girl yelled. 'Dancing Flames!'

Before Gravity Destroyer could complete his move, he was attacked by the fast and swift red Beyblade, just like the female had planned before.

'Smart move, Kira!' Brandon cheered. He knew the female had no idea how to escape from the Italian's strange move and she had been perfecting Dancing Flames in order to be fast enough to stop the black bey from paralyzing her.

'She stopped his move!' Gingka exclaimed not believing his eyes.

'Dancing Flames is a special move that allows Phoenix to move really fast,' Madoka explained, 'but it was never that fast! And she found the perfect second to use it so she could stop his move!'

'Kiki's the best!' Yu exclaimed and then cheered for his friend.

At the arena, Julian was as shocked as German DJ as he related what had happened. The Italian though his special move was unstoppable, but it wasn't. However, he wasn't that worried yet. The rich male still thought he would defeat her easily. He just had to think a little about it.

Unfortunately for him, Kira had much more tricks and she wouldn't let him even think of a way to win.

'Without its lovely Medusa's eyes, Gravity Destroyer is just another common Beyblade,' she commented emphasising the word common. She knew that would get to Julian's nerves just like she wanted to.

'Gravity Destroyer is no common Beyblade!' he corrected her.

The female laughed lightly just to mock him. Julian was easy to read. He was the average rich kid who never heard a "no" in his whole life, the kid who thought he could do anything just because he had more than nine digits in his bank account and that he was the best at everything. Kira was about to crush all those ideas he had about himself. Slowly.