You Can't Be Mad

"Ah, well don't you look lovely."

You glared at Kylo out of the corner of your eye. It was his fault that you had a fat, busted lip, a seriously swollen cheekbone, and the shadow of a black eye.

Oh, and your hair looked like rats had taken hold in there.

"Ah, yes well, us girls tend to not look our best when we're double-teamed and caged like an animal," you replied, smiling with your bloodied lip.

A sound of amusement came from underneath his mask. Your eyes suddenly locked on the objects he was carrying in his hands.

A plate with a small loaf of bread and a glass of water.

A guard had been bringing you plates of gray mush the last however-many-days, but it was disgusting and not even close to satiating your hunger. You tried to pretend like you didn't see the actual, solid food he was holding, trying to hide the fact that you were about 0.5 seconds away from lunging across the room to get a bite.

Lucky for you, you didn't need to beg for it. Instead, he let go of the plate and floated it through the air, bringing it to gently rest on the floor in front of you.

You barely restrained yourself as you calmly reached for the bread and took a bite. He clasped his hands behind his back and slowly began pacing back and forth, his mask never leaving your face as you ate your meager food.

The loaf was half gone when you blushed a bit, realizing that you were devouring your food at an animalistic pace. Turning away from him, you drained the cup of water and wiped your mouth with the back of your hand.

"Please, don't feel the need to maintain any manners," he said with a low chuckle.

"Yes, well, it's hard to eat daintily when you've gone days without actual food."

He nodded. "Yes, well, I wouldn't have had to do that if you'd been more obedient."

"You didn't have to do anything of which you did," you spat.

He stopped moving, his mask still fixed on you. "Yes, I did," he replied. "You gave me no choice."

You rolled your eyes for the millionth time, finishing the piece of bread without any care for manners.

The only sound in the room was the monotone breathing of Kylo's mask. A minute passed by without comment before Kylo spoke up and resumed his pacing.

"Well, Little One, have you come to your senses?"

You knew he was asking you again if you'd comply and train with him, turn against the Resistance. You ran a hand through your hair and dramatically hummed as if you were deep in thought.

"Yes, yes I have," you replied.

He looked at you from behind his mask. 

"Oh?"

You nodded. "Yes, I've made the logical decision to refuse to train under a monster."

You smiled at him, watching him tense in frustration. "Oh, and not 'join the Dark Side'," you added, making air quotations with your hand and mocking his voice.

Kylo shook his head looking down. "That answer will change eventually."

"Keep dreaming," you scoffed.

"Oh I will."

You snapped your head to look at him. "What?"

He ignored you. "It's in your best interest, Little One, to-"