Chapter Eleven

Courtney led Duncan onto the campus green. It was night time, but the field was lit with hundreds of lights, lanterns, and candles. It felt like a magical event.

Thousands of people mingled in the clearing, college students and adults alike. Many booths were set up with games and food, and the stage was all the way at the end of the field. The concert would start soon.

Courtney did a twirl and turned to face Duncan. She grinned. "Well? What should we do first?"

"I don't know," Duncan looked around the area in wonder. There was a lot to take in. "Want to get some good?"

"Yeah!" Courtney led him over to a fast food place. Duncan gasped. "This is the place I work!" He said, trying to pull Courtney away, but it was too late.

"Hi, Duncan!" The owner said, waving at him. "Are you working tonight?"

"I have the night off," Duncan hissed through gritted teeth. "I didn't know you'd have a booth here."

"Brings in good business," the owner shrugged. He turned to Courtney and smiled. "Is this Courtney? You talk about her all the time, I thought you made her up."

"Shut up," Duncan muttered, but Courtney laughed and smiled at the owner.

"Nice to meet you," she said. "Yes, I'm Courtney. And you are?"

"Bob," Bob said, smiling at her. "I'm glad Duncan has you, he'd be lost without you! One time at work..."

"Bye!" Duncan said quickly, steering Courtney away.

"What was that about?" Courtney asked crossly as they stopped farther off.

"Look, Bob's great..." Duncan said, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "But I just, well..."

"Well what?" Courtney asked, crossing her arms across her emo shirt. God, Duncan loved how she looked in the outfit.

"I just don't want you to think less of me, now that you saw my job," Duncan muttered.

"Duncan, we've been over this!" Courtney said, reaching up and cupping his face in her hands. "I don't care!" They kissed.

"You're the best," Duncan said. "Come on, let's go get some food. I can get an employee discount"  

They went back to Bob and got food, then Duncan grabbed Courtney's hand and led her over to the lawn. They sat down on the grass, eating the fries and burgers.

"This is great!" Courtney said. "Duncan, your job comes with perks!"

"It does!" Duncan laughed. Then his face dropped. "Court, I have something to tell you..."

"What's up?" Courtney asked.

Duncan took a deep breath, then continued. "You know the money I won from Total Drama Action?"

"Yeah?" Courtney said, raising an eyebrow.

I have to do this, Duncan thought. He pushed himself to say it.

"I gave it to your parents!" He said. "For them to use for your college tuition."

"What!?" Courtney cried, her beautiful eyes wide. "Oh Duncan, why would you ever do that? You don't owe me anything! You won that money fair and square!"

"Yeah, but I couldn't think of anything to do with it," Duncan said. "You always talked about being a lawyer, it was a dream, I wanted to help. Are you mad?" He asked quickly.

Courtney was silent for a second, but then she took his hands and smiled.

"Of course not!" Courtney said. "Duncan, that is beyond generous, I'm at a loss for words! I..."

"Then don't say anything," Duncan said. "Just... do this..." he leaned forward and kissed Courtney. They were like that for a long time, until Courtney broke away.

"Thank you," she said, tears in her eyes. "Seriously, thank you! I always wanted to be a lawyer, and I still do, but I wanted you too. And now, I can have both. I'm the luckiest girl in the world! Come on." She grabbed his hand and hoisted him to his feet. "Let's go have fun before the concert starts!"

"Sounds good!" Duncan said, grinning. "What do you have in mind?"

Hi guys!! OMG, I'm writing this THREE AND A HALF YEARS after the rest!! I want to finish this ASAP because I abandoned it, so there's one more chapter to go!! I'm publishing this again so get ready for a great finale >:)