chapter 2

Kit woke up to sunlight hitting his face. He lazily lifted up his head to find himself laying on top of Ming, who was still asleep. They must've moved around during the night because now instead of the sitting position they fell asleep in they were sprawled alongside the length of the couch.

Mings eyes fluttered open and met Kits. They stared at each other for a few seconds before kit finally smiled shyly "Good morning"

 Ming couldn't help but to smile back. Then his smile turned into a smirk "you woke up first."

kit groaned. Back when they first moved in 4 months ago they agreed that whoever woke up first on Saturday had to cook breakfast. He reluctantly climbed off and headed to the kitchen while Ming looked through Netflix to find a show to watch. When he was done cooking he walked back in the living room and set the food on the coffee table. He sat by ming, their knees touching. 

Ming played the show 'supernatural'. kit looked over at him with a 'seriously?' face. 

Ming shrugged "what?"

"were eating and you put on a horror show? Its probably going to show something bloody and disgusting."

Ming chuckled, kit wasn't wrong but he knew the real reason kit didn't want to watch was because he got scared easily.

kit glared at him "change the show"

"ugh fine" he replied playfully "how about 'The Kissing Booth'?"

kit rolled his eyes.

"Riverdale?"

"no."

"Stranger Things?"

kit sighed.

Ming mimicked the sigh "you're so picky, just pick it yourself." He acted annoyed but really, kits pickiness was one of the many things he liked about him. In Mings opinion it made kit, well, kit.

kit took the remote and looked through while Ming started eating. He finally settled on 'avatar.'

"I didn't know you liked anime." Ming commented.

"Yeah, cause you never let me pick the show," kit retorted.

"I did too."

"Shut up"

Most of their conversations consisted of playful bickering over stupid things like this and in a way, that's what made it easy for them to talk and bond.

Halfway through the episode, kits phone rung. He grabbed it from the coffee table and when he saw the caller id his face fell.

"Who is it?" Ming asked, though he already knew.

"My ex"  

"You ok?"

"Yeah"

"You don't look ok" Ming said.

Kit sighed "I'm fine." He stood up to take the dishes to the sink. Ming followed Kit and leaned on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Kit, talk to me."

Kit didn't take his eyes off of the dishes "I said i'm fine." he dried the dishes and turned around only to bump into mings chest. Ming wrapped his arms around kit firmly but loose enough to be comfortable.

kit groaned. One of the first things that he learned about Ming was that he loves hugs and seeing people happy. So whenever kits in a bad mood Ming will hug him and wont let go until kit smiles. Though kit would never admit it, he actually enjoys the hugs, a lot.

kit pressed his cheek to mings chest and wrapped his arms around mings bigger frame. All thoughts of his ex drifted away as he focused on ming.