An unexpected friend Part 3

Hello there. I hope you've been enjoying it so far, if u haven't.... :( then.... FU! Anyway enjoy! :)

Also I have a co-author now! How exciting :) 

*Harry's POV*

As I turned the corner my eyes landed on the small, frail O'Malley. God I wanted to rush over there and hug him until he suffocated, but I knew I couldn't. I sauntered over trying my best not to have any lingering eye contact. It was already suuuuper awkward. But why? Why was it so awkward... I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to that. "Hello, feeling better today?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I snapped. 'Oh I don't know. Well your dad's abusive and you deal with it by acting like you're bloody Draco Malfoy or something'. Come on stop being a dickhead for a second.

"Sorry...I'm just a bit moody today... I'm just tired, I had a bit of a late night."

"Liar."

I gave him a confused look. "What?"

"You're lying. I can tell. I'm a master at it, so I can easily spot a lie." He explained, seemingly proud with himself. "I am not. Jesus O'Malley, I'm not you. At least I actually have a mum."

I gasped. Why the hell did I just say that? What's wrong with you? His anger quickly turned to an emotionless expression. " I don't know why you're here. If you're just trying to trick me into being friends with you so that you can start bulling me again, you may as well just leave now-"

" No I swear. I'm not tricking you. I just... Look I'm really sorry for saying that, I have no excuse. Please don't go." I gave my best, subtle puppy-dog eyes and kept a tight but gentle grip on his wrist. "Fine. But only if you tell me what's wrong." I felt my face burning and my eyes darted around to avoid getting hypnotised by his delicate brown ones. "I...I can't do that."

"Well have a nice Christmas, Harry." He turned to walk away, knowing that I'd fall for his stupid trick. " It-It's my d-dad... He umm... well..."

Conor raised an eyebrow at me. "Well..."

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, and clenched my fists to hide my shaking hands. " He... gets angry... sometimes... very angry..." His face twisted with confusion. 

" What do you mean?" He asked cautiously.

I slowly reached up to my scarf and pulled it down to reveal the harsh marks left there. A hand clamped around his mouth to try and prevent him gasping to loudly. 

His eyes just darted to my face and neck and back again. We just stood there, the only noise you could hear was distant traffic and my heavy breathing.

"Oh... Harry, come here. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He practically launched himself at me, and wrapped his small arms around my neck. " Is there anything I can do? Anything at all?" 

"Nah, you're alright. How about we just get going and talk about this another time." I saw his eyes filled with sympathy and I knew he wanted to fix it for me badly. Silly O'Malley. Constantly fixing other people when he's the one who's been most broken. 

"Well, where are we going?" As soon as he removed his arms it felt cold and lonely again. I hated it. 

"Ah. Well it's a surprise you see. Follow me." I slipped my hand into his and tried not to let my smirk falter as the heat of his hand seeped into my own. "Hmm. Okay." 

-Time skip (cos I'm lazy)-

We arrived at the park. The trees towered over us, the darkness leaking out of them due to how close they were to each other. I glanced over at Conor, taking in his hair messily sticking out from underneath his hat. His soft brown eyes scanned over the forest, taking in every detail of every leaf, and every blade of grass. His cheeks and the tip of his nose were slightly pink from the cold. 

I led him gently through the trees and to the tall hedge that hid the ivory gate very well. Brushing away the branches, I revealed the beautiful hidden garden behind. 

Conor walked in slowly, taking in his surroundings, his mouth slightly open. He was obviously stunned at how beautiful it was. I would normally be doing the same but I liked watching his cute face reacting to it. 

The gate led to a small area surrounded completely by trees and bushes that were almost hugging due to how compact it was.  Flowers were displayed in beautiful marble pots that were delicately patterned with angels and cherubs with the wings spread elegantly or relaxing in large swirly clouds. A fountain was placed in the centre and was decorated with mermaids and a rare but fascinating range of fish. The water had frozen in place like it had been stopped in time. I sat on the bench placed at the end of the garden, over-looking it all. Conor slowly sat next to me and after a few more minutes of silence, he turned to me and grinned "This... this is gorgeous. How on earth did you find it?"

I tapped the side of my nose lightly and smiled. I always seemed to smile around Conor. Like I was love-sick or something... 

We spent most of the time talking about school or the view or just each other. I found out so many things about him that I never would've even guessed. He was so interesting, almost...mysterious. He tried a few times to talk about my situation but I didn't want to ruin the mood by reminding myself that that git existed.

I was half way through talking about my holiday that summer when a sudden breeze swept through. Conor shivered violently, though he tried to hide it. I pulled him closer to me and put my arm around his shoulder and rubbed his arm slightly  attempting to warm him up. 

Our eyes met and there was a silence between us, I wasn't sure whether it was a comfortable one or not but it didn't seem to matter anymore as I was too busy staring at his lips. They looked so tempting, so soft and welcoming. They parted slightly almost as if to say 'yes you can kiss me'. I inched closer, dying to close the gap between us. We were so close, close enough for his warm breath to tickle my lips as if he was teasing me. Our noses touched and my heart rate went soaring. Our lips finally met and I instantly felt more confident. I slid my hands onto his waist and he put his around my neck like he'd done earlier. We moved like we both knew exactly what we were doing. I bit his lip gently, causing his lips to part and giving me chance to explore the inside of his mouth. This was amazing. I'd never felt anything like it.

We both stopped when we felt cold droplets on our faces. At first I thought it was raining but then a small snowflake landed on Conor's nose. It was snowing. We chuckled quietly and our eyes met again, reminding us of what had just happened. 'Oh dear' I thought. Please don't kick off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe ;)

Did you enjoy it. Ha! I bet you did.

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated I've just been a little bit busy but I'll try to get these done more often.