7: Will Solace

Will slumped down in his seat, his backpack falling to the floor beside him. He buried his head in his arms and hoped that his Greek teacher was nice enough to let him sleep this class.

His dad had decided that the best thing to do last night was to totally loose track of time and iris message Will at 2am to ask about him and Nico after Aphrodite was seen looking rather suspicious.

It seemed his dad was not good at reading signals, as he continued to talk at Will for the next 5 hours, until he had to leave for school.

Which he would murder him for later. After a nap.

Unluckily for him, his teacher didn't seem to be in a 'let Will sleep in his class' mood.

"Will? Stay awake in my class please!"

Will opened bleary eyes to see the grinning face of his over enthusiastic teacher, Mr Lewis.

"Sorry sir."

"Its ok! Just make sure to pay attention because today, He flew over to the board, We will be learning about the great God Apollo!"

Will's head fell to the desk.

"Apollo was the Greek God of what?" No one raised their hand. "Well, he was the God of, the sun, medicine, disease and a whole bunch more!" Mr Lewis waved his arms around in wide gestures for each word.

'Oh boy,' thought Will, this was going to be a long lesson.

"Apollo was known for many things! But hopefully, you know them all from the ancient myths textbook. However, that doesn't cover all the newer things he did, in fact, he has been involved in many a modern day song! He can be heard in the background vocals for over 70 tracks! All of which have been within the top 10!"

Will did notice that Mr Lewis had an extraordinary talent for getting a group of rowdy 16 year olds to listen to him. Aka, talk about the Gods in modern day things that they know. Just like how he was talking about songs.

Will really didn't need to hear the songs his dad was in, he had already had enough of that on the parent child karaoke night. That was a mistake, it took 2 weeks to clean up after Athena and Poseidon's 'little argument'.

He zoned out, staring at the fluffy clouds outside, Zeus must be in a good mood today!

He was yanked back into reality by a flash of golden light at the front of the classroom. Apparently his dad had decided to pay him a visit.

Apollo stood next to the teachers desk, shaking his head modestly (though he was nothing of the sort) when they all bowed.

"A-Apollo," Mr Lewis stammered.

"Yes, that's me." Apollo flipped his hair, but it was just too short, so he ended up looking like a complete weirdo.

No change to usual then.

"W-Why are you here?" Mr Lewis looked both terrified and in awe at meeting his idol.

"Why, I am here to pick up my son of course!"

Whatever piece of Will's soul that still existed decided to make a hasty exit then.

"Your son?!" A girl in the class screamed, Kelly, Will thought. Not the empousa Kelly, but a actual human, luckily.

"Yep! I need his help."

Dammit. Whenever Apollo said that, it meant one of two things, one, he needed to write a new song (never again, he still had nightmares from last time) or, something had happened that meant a bunch of kids were in the infirmary.

"Come on!" Apollo urged, "Some idiot decided it would be fun to insult Clarisse! She's probably still attacking people! You and Chris are the only people who can calm her down, and it made more sense to get you, since you can also help the 7 kids with an alarming variety of broken bones, dislocated shoulders, and I think one kid was missing a finger?!"

Will sighed, looks like he couldn't avoid this one.

He hauled himself up from his seat and stumbled down to the front, still not quite awake.

"Hey dad,"

The was a moment of silence, before a tidal wave of confusion and shock exploded through the room, just like the last time Annabeth hadn't known something.

"I know, I know," Apollo shook the hair out of his eyes, "He inherited my looks!"

"Dad!" Will complained, "Just take me to camp so I can sort out this mess!"

"Fine!" Apollo agreed, though he didn't seem to happy about it. He seemed to be enjoying the mortals worshipping him.

He grabbed Wills arm, and with a flash of light, they were back at camp, leaving Will to heal the idiots that insulted Clarisse, whilst simultaneously yelling at them for being so rash. (Nico had to calm him down)

Another chapter done! One day after the previous one! It's a new record! Will and Clarisse definingly would have a awesome friendship! Like seriously. If you have any ideas for more chapters, please tell me! Also, thanks to my friend for helping me think of the Will and Clarisse thing! (But don't ship them, Solangelo and Chrisse for life!) But I don't know how to tag someone so... sorry.

Also, the image above is not mine, but it is so cute!

Thanks for reading!

-R.E.W