Chapter 15

Edward P.O.V

The next morning Dad bailed me out and we headed back home where in a hour we're going to meet with Detective Black, he's going to take care of the search for my son.

We get home at the same time a black Honda gets here, too. I get off and see a man maximum my height, tanner skin, dark hair and eyes and muscular. He's probably my age or older.

"Mr. Edward Cullen?" He asked looking at me.

"Yes," I sake is hand. "Detective Black?"

"Jacob Black," he said. "May we go inside?"

My dad leads us inside where Esme, Renee, Alice are sitting on the couch looking nervous.

"Detective, this is my wife Esme, my daughter Alice and Renee, the other grandmother. She was there when they took my grandson," Carlisle said.

"Nice to meet you," he says. "My partner will be here any minute so I need the mother to be here also."

"Where's Bella?" I ask Esme.

"Rosalie is helping her get changed."

"Detective..."

"Please, call me Jacob."

"Jacob," Renee says, "is there any possibility we can find my daughter's son?"

He sighed. "It's almost been a month since the kidnapping, Mrs. I'm not sure why didn't anyone report it sooner. It could have been easier."

I was about to say something until Bella comes in with Rosalie.

"Have you ever lost a son, Detective?" She asked, coldly.

Jacob turns around and I can see his eyes almost popping out when he sees her. I see they convinced Bella to change from her sweat pants and dirty t-shirt. She was now wearing tight jeans and a loose purple shirt. Her hair is down and her face is clean from her dry tears.

"No, Ma'am, I haven't," he said.

"Then you must understand that my father threaten the life of my son if I said anything," Bella replies.

I walk up to her and gently kiss her lips. She touches my face and smiled. "I'm glad you're back."

We all get settled in the living room until a tall women, dark short hair, dressed in a black leather jacket like Jacob comes.

"This is my partner, Leah," Jacob introduces her. And we all sit down.

I take Bella's hand and hold it tight.

"So, the only witnesses there was Mrs. Renee Swan and Isabella Swan," Leah says. "Ms. Swan, we get that you have a disability."

"Blind," she said.

"And you're engaged with Edward Cullen, the father."

We nod.

Jacob clears his throat and says, "What happened May 10th, Ms. Swan?"

Bella takes a deep breath and starts: "I was here with my friend Rosalie, it was just another day closer to my due date. Though, I was having suddenly stomach aches that I ignored because I had no idea I didn't say anything."

"Your father, did you have any idea that he would do something like that?" He asked, writing on his notebook.

"No." I look at her, not surprised because of the numerous fights we had over Charlie. "He was always taking care of me and the baby. That day he called me and told me he wanted to have a family day before I gave birth. So, I went and we had a normal family day."

"What happened with the stomach aches?"

"They got worse," she said. "I told my mom and they took me to the car. Mom then said dad passed the hospital and we reached a house. He took me in and I could just feel some else I was there, I gave birth and just when I was about to hold my son... He took him..." her voice cracks and then she just stops. She hides her face on my chest.

"It was a house down at the reservation La Push. Right next to the beach, it was small with this dirty red paint on the walls and the windows were covered by wood," Renee says.

"Mrs. Swan, why didn't you try to call anybody?" Leah asked.

"I was so worried about Bella being in labor it didn't cross my mind. And when we got there Charlie took my phone."

"Was there someone else there?"

"Yes, Tanya Denali. She was pointing a gun at me while my daughter gave birth and then when they told me to give the baby up. I didn't know what else to do, I didn't want them to hurt the baby or my daughter... I was scared."

"Alright," Jacob said, "you saw the baby, is there any way you can possibly describe what we're looking for?"

Renee sighed. "Well, he did have his eyes wide open, they were green. Brown hair... that's all I could remember other than covered in blood and placenta."

He nods. "Okay, we'll start by searching up the house where Ms. Swan was taken. We'll let you know if we find anything."

We nod and stand.

"I would like to talk to Mr. Edward," Leah says.

"Alright," I kiss Bella's cheek and walk to her.

Bella P.O.V

Edward and the women Leah walk away, I think. I walk a little forward where I heard the man, Jacob, voice coming from. I trip over something but someone helps me.

"Ms. Swan, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I stand up. "Call me Bella, detective."

"Call me Jacob." His hands leave my waist and he steps back.

"Jacob... Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Yes."

"Knowing Edward, I know he's not going to want to tell me everything that happens in the investigation." I reach out and gran his hand. "I need to know that you're going to tell me everything that is happening at the moment. I need to know I can trust you, Jacob."

He takes my hand between his. "You can trust me, Bella."

I smiled slightly and take my hand away from him. "Thank you."

Author's Note:

And so, the search for Bruno started!! And Jacob has finally made an appearance in this story, yay!!

January 21, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324