1 • Double-Crossed Contract

NOTES BEFORE READING

Lowkey I forgot most of the stuff that happens in Haikyuu
This is a female reader story
This is mainly based off the drama/manga Good Morning Call on Netflix.
I don't condone some of the stuff in this. By that I mean living without a guardian at 16.

Also if you expect something really high quality from me I'm sorry but you're on the wrong fan fiction site)

Nekoma High was second ranked in the district for sending students to prestigious colleges, which was one of the reasons that lead you to choosing it, with the other being from something troubling from your old school. The only problem with it was that it was a very far school from your house. Because of your parent's job, they couldn't move, so after a long discussion, you and your family decided you could live alone.

You barely saw them during the day, as they often were working overtime to support you for college in the future. Because of that, you chose one of the cheapest apartment complexes near Nekoma, with it only being a 20 minute walk from your new apartment.

Despite the rent being relatively low, the place was actually nice. It came with some furniture, and was somewhat spacious. There was a spare bedroom, which you didn't anticipate, as it was listed and shown as a one-bedroom apartment. You thought it was just a mistake though, and didn't dwell on it. Extra room was better for you anyways.

While organizing your boxes, the noises outside your apartment started to become more apparent. You figured it was nothing, until you clearly heard the door being unlocked.

Since you were sure you locked the door, and you didn't give your other keys to anyone else, you freaked out and hid in your room, kicking aside boxes that were in the way.

"...Huh?"

You hear a soft, yet somewhat masculine voice, followed by a sudden stop in footsteps.

"Is someone in here?" He sounded surprisingly calm to you. You struggled to see him through the gaps, until he knocked on your door.

"Excuse me." You opened the door and peeked through only so you could see him. He wasn't much taller than you, and he was dressed casually with sweatpants and a black t-shirt, appropriate for the cooler March weather. But what grabbed you attention the most, was his hair. Unusually long for a guy, dyed the same shade as his amber eyes, with black roots peeking through. He looked to be around the same age as you, so you relaxed a little bit and opened the door wider. He glared downwards at you, as he held out a paper towards you.

Furukawa Apartments, Room 125.

"I believe you're in the wrong place." He said sternly.

"Wha- That's impossible, I have the keys right here." You replied. You went to grab your keys and contract from the kitchen counter. "See?" You pointed to the same room number and building.

The both of you ended up comparing them, which had the exact same content besides personal information. Through which, you found out he was named Kozume Kenma.

"...It's probably a double contract." Kenma said after a while. "It's probably why an apartment like this was so cheap. The wholesaler probably just took both our sums of money for this."

His jaw tensed and his nose wrinkled in annoyance, yet his stare was so focused at the same time. After a moment, he sighed, and his face seemed to slightly relax.

"I'm guessing the rent is actually $1600 then." He glanced at you and gave you a once-over. "Are you in high school as well?"
"Yeah, I'm starting at Nekoma this year as a first year." You answered. Kenma's eyes widened and was going to mention something, but stuck to the topic at hand.

"Then I doubt you can pay for it either."

There was a long silence between you two, both staring at your contracts, wondering what to do next.

"... Why do you need to live here specifically?" You finally asked.

"I'm going to Nekoma as well. Last year I went, there were too many transportation problems. And this was cheap." He briefly explained.

You figured he was a second year then, even though he easily could've been a transfer student, but either way, he was senior to you.

"But why do you need to live here?" He asked.

"I got accepted here, but it ended up too far from my parents house." You said. "I heard this was a really good school, and I'm planning on going to medical school after."

He didn't say anything, and the two of you were back to saying nothing. That's when you got your amazingly terrible idea.

"How about, uh, we both live here..?" You nervously suggested. The expression he gave you afterwards wasn't very pleasant, leading you to immediately regret suggesting it. But with no other ideas, you went through with explaining it.

"I mean like, there's two rooms, and uh, since we're splitting the rent that part's taken care of."

"Y/N."

You were surprised at his sudden use of your first name. "Yeah?"

"You should be more careful around people, especially as a first-year girl. Why don't you call and tell your parents about this or something?"

"But there isn't anywhere else! They live really far from here, the other places are more expensive, this is a good area from the school, and-" You cut yourself off. He was right, you should be more careful around people, and you should also be more careful sharing something like that.

He was silent for a moment, clearly thinking hard about it. He was somewhat dumbfounded by the fact that you even asked, but more in a negative way.

"Please..." You begged, "It's too late for me to transfer to a different school, and this is more convenient for the both of us right?"

"Fine..." he mumbled. "But this will end as soon as we can both move out."

"Okay!"

This'll work out! You thought, There might be some stuggles, but we can totally start living together! Right?

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Thank you so much for reading! This might've very inaccurate to read about because I'm literally just a sophomore in high school who doesn't know about real estate.
(guess what I'm a senior now. I started this as a sophomore ig and picked it up again)

-Aiko