one.

t r o y e

And this is how it starts

You take your shoes off in the back of my van

Yeah my shirt looks so good, when it's just hanging off your back

And she said 'Use your hands and my spare time

We've got one thing in common, it's this tongue of mine'

She said

She's got a boyfriend anyway

I hummed along to the song, concentrating on the details of the quote I was forming on my arm. I leaned back against the tree trunk I was sat under, attempting to move away from the bright sun. I probably would have finally finished the quote if it wasn't for my headphone being brutally pulled from my ear.

"Can I help you?" I questioned, not bothering to look up. "Hi," The unfamiliar voice of the more than likely insignificant person who had pulled my headphones out said. I looked up. He was pretty cute, I'll admit that, but he would have a hard time trying to get on my good side after this introduction. His hair was in a high quiff with a daisy flower crown covering it and he was wearing a sweater I was almost sure my sister had somewhere in her closet with black skinny jeans and pink vans.

"Hey," I sighed, reluctantly putting the cap back on my sharpie. "Can I sit?" He asked. "I assume you're going to anyways, so I guess," I sighed, picking my phone up off the grass next to me. He handed me back my headphones and I carefully wrapped them up before stuffing them into the pocket of my jacket next to me. "I'm Connor," He smiled brightly. "Troye," I replied, pulling the cap off my sharpie and getting back to work on the quote that was currently half written on my arm.

"You shouldn't write on your skin," Connor told me. I rolled my eyes and looked over at him, "Am I supposed to care what I should and shouldn't do?" "Well, at least write something happier," He persisted, reading the quote I was writing over my shoulder, "That's so depressing." "No, it's not. It's a quote from one of my favorite books," I stated. "It's still sad," He frowned. "Well, what do you suppose I draw?" I asked, looking at him.

"Hmm," He looked around thoughtfully, as if trying to find inspiration for my drawings in the space around us. "A flower," He grinned, pointing at a lone flower popping out of the ground by the playground. "Not in this lifetime," I chuckled. He crossed his arms over his chest, "Why not? Are you too manly for a flower on your arm?" "Yes."

He rolled his green eyes, but I could tell he didn't mean it. We sat in an awkward silence after that; me finishing writing my 'depressing' quote and him watching the little kids trip over each other. I reached for his arm and he looked over at me in confusion. "What are you doing?" He asked me as I pushed his sleeve up a little to reveal his wrist. "Drawing a flower. You are most certainly not too manly for a flower," I ran my tongue across my lip subconsciously and began to draw.

He watched my hand intently, trying extremely hard not to move. After the flower was finished, I wrote a small T in the middle of it. "That's really pretty," Connor giggled, tracing over it with his pointer finger. "Yeah, it's amazing," I rolled my eyes again, turning back to my own arm. "It is," He told me, starting to stand. "I have to go. I'm supposed to watch my little brother tonight."

"Mhm," I hummed, not having anything to say in reply. He was just stating the facts; I wasn't supposed to reply. Or maybe I was. I don't usually talk to people often. I wasn't sure. "I'll see you around," I nodded slightly. He left then, leaving me alone to finish the quote I had realized was totally depressing.

I should've drawn a flower.

HI GUYS OMG IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK YOU HAVE NO IDEA OMG I ACTUALLY CANNOT WAIT FOR IT TO PROGRESS MORE YAY OKAY SO YEAH YOU CAN VOTE IF YOU WANT THAT WOULD BE SUPER COOL AND YEAH UM OKAY SORRY FOR SCREAMING IM JUST REALLY HAPPY ^.^

~Lexi

P.S. the quote was from Looking for Alaska ayye.