two.

c o n n o r

I ran my thumb over the faded flower from last week. I decided to let it fade away. I didn't want to ruin it by trying to make it darker. I would see Troye again soon, hopefully. I pulled on a baby blue sweater and some skinny jeans before throwing another flower crown on over my hair and slipping on a pair of equally blue vans. I pushed my sleeve up so I can see the flower again and headed out the door, stuffing my phone in my back pocket.

I tried not to walk too fast to the park, not wanting to ruin my quiff with all the running. I wasn't even sure if Troye would be there. Maybe it was just a one time thing. Maybe I would never see the guy again. Maybe he wouldn't even remember drawing the flower on my wrist. I pushed my thoughts away and walked towards the tree I remember Troye sitting at the previous week.

I looked at the time on my phone. It was still pretty early in the morning. Troye didn't seem like a morning person. Maybe he wouldn't be here until later. I decided I would wait a little bit for him. I didn't meet him last week until around twelve anyways. Why did I rush out so early? It was only nine now, I would have to wait a long time for him. I stood up, brushing the grass off my jeans and started to walk in the direction of the nearest coffee shop.

I spent about an hour there before walking back. I didn't really know what time Troye would be there, but I hoped it was early. I sat back down, crossing my legs as much as my jeans would allow and sipping my coffee. I would likely wait all day if I had to.

"Connor?" Someone asked. They seemed to be laughing at something, though I wasn't sure what. I looked up, smiling brightly when I saw the voice belonged to Troye. "What's so funny?" I asked him. "Nothing. I just didn't think I would see you again," He shrugged, taking a seat next to me. He pulled out his sharpie and rolled up his sleeve, a small crescent moon fading on his wrist.

"Oh, yeah. I didn't think I would see you again, either," I lied, not wanting to seem creepy. Troye looked up from his arm, raising an eyebrow at me. "You don't seem like the type to frequent children's parks," He informed me, closing the cap on his marker. "I could say the same of you," I replied, tracing the flower, even though it wasn't visible.

"Little brother," Troye explained, nodding to a kid about eight years old, playing with a couple of other kids. I nodded, watching the boy as he slid down one of the slides, laughing loudly. "Well, why are you here?" Troye asked, looking back at me. I shrugged and looked down at my hands. There was no way I was about to tell him I came because I was hoping to meet him here again. Troye raised an eyebrow at my response, or lack of one, and took the marker cap in between his teeth, pulling it off and going back to writing on his wrist.

"Do you still have the flower from last week?" He asked me, not stopping what he was already drawing. I watched him draw, nearly forgetting to answer his question. "Yeah. It's kind of faded though," I said, pushing my sleeve up to my elbow and dropping my hand on his knee so he could see. "Well, you know, marker tends to fade," Troye said, a look of amusement on his face.

I nodded, mumbling an 'I know' under my breath. He finished whatever he had done on his arm, and took my arm off his knee, holding it with his left hand to write. He traced over the flower, making sure it was completely the same so there were no marks to show that it was a different one. If you didn't know better, you would have thought it was a tattoo.

"You know," Troye smirked, looking up at me through the mess of hair in his face. "You could get ink poisoning from writing on your skin," He said, repeating to a degree what I had told him the week before. I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly. "And how likely would you say that is?" I questioned, laughing lightly.

"Oh, very likely," Troye said, a false seriousness following the words. "Damn. I was really hoping not to die today," I joked, shaking my head. We sat like that for a good couple minutes, not saying a word, and him just holding my wrist over his leg, before he realized what he was doing, and let go of my wrist, apologizing.

There wasn't really much to say after that. I was mortified, and I felt my face heat up, looking down at the redrawn flower. "I, er, thanks," I stammered, not knowing what to say. I looked up just in time to see a small nod from him, acknowledging my comment. He stood from his spot, sticking the capped marker behind his ear and saying 'no problem.'

He left then, and I wasn't sure what to do. It would be a bit odd to just follow him. More than a bit odd. Borderline stalker, more like. So, I didn't follow. I watched him leave, hoping it wouldn't be the last time I did.

This is long overdue, I know. I didn't even expect that many people to read it, but then again, I didn't expect that much people to read my other fanfic either. Thanks, I guess, and I'm going to upload soon, I promise.

~Lexi