Sugar Fairy

The first Sugar Fairy ever born was said to be deadly.

As soon as they were able to walk, they learned that if they tried hard enough, they could get anything they wanted. Toys, treats, gifts.

Anything.

When people began going missing and doing things out of the norm, the King couldn't help but notice. His own friends seemed to always be in a hurry, always having something to do, somewhere to go.

No one he asked or questioned or tortured would tell him why. Their lips were sealed, forced into silence that they could not break no matter how hard they tried.

Days, weeks, months passed. The King grew restless, worried, afraid.

Then a commotion sounded outside the main throne rooms doors. Fighting and then silence. An unnerving silence. The once calming throne room, filled with a rainbow of flowers and leafy vines, became a dark cage.

The King stood, ready to defend his home and kingdom to his last breath.

The wooden doors creaked open.

The Kings own guards and subjects filed into the circular ornate room.

They parted and in between the masses stood a child.

No older than twelve but their mind was far gone.

Fierce golden eyes glinted in the natural sunlight filtering in from the glass windows. The King couldn't bare to look for more than a second but he felt the pull, the compulsion, the force.

The child smirked and with a one word command, sent the Kings own army at him.

The King fled, knowing he stood no chance against those who cared not for their own lives. He knew that their lives weren't really theirs at the moment.

The forest was under siege for many days until the King was able to return with new warriors.

The orcs. A pact was made, the orcs accepting the challanges of an undefeatable enemy.

By chance, the orcs were not affected by the child's powers, a fact that truly saved all from more destruction and chaos. Many innocent lives were taken but most importantly, the child was slain.

The King didn't believe that the child would be the last. He was right in thinking so and preparing for another. The orc-fairy alliance would be one upheld for many years.

As soon as the next was born, a tale tell sign being eyes that shined too bright and unnatural persuasion from a young age, they were transported to live in the castle, to be taught correctly.

Blindfolds were enforced with the next and soon the King was watching over multiple fairies with the new, dangerous power.

He knew they should not be used as weapons so instead he pointed their minds in the right direction and allowed them to stay in the castle as long as they wished.

Designated areas were created for them so they could exist without the blindfolds. They couldn't affect each other in the slightest.

The King spent many days with the children, some now adults and then the unfortunate happened.

He stepped into a room without thinking.

A child who had lived in the Elder Tree his entire life stood blindfoldless, shocked at the events happening and unable to turn his eyes away quickly.

Instead of being flooded with the child's thoughts and wants and needs, the King was unaffected and after a few more risky tests, it was decided that if you truly loved the being with the powers, they had no way to compel you.

The King also decided that they needed a new name.

They were no longer just fairies. And they were no longer to be considered the enemy.

Just like how the elementals weren't just fairies, they were special. Different.

And he didn't want anyone to think ill of the group because of past actions, thus Sugar Fairies became their official title.

Sweet.

Safe.

Sugar.