One shot for Jed

Context: I saw this tumblr post on Thursday.

TW (Trigger Warning): Mentions of trauma and flashbacks

It was been 3 months since the Battle of the Smithsonian in Washington, DC.

Everything seemed fine.

All expect for Jed.

Jed was traumatized by what happened. Mainly, being trapped in that hourglass, thinking he was going to die.

He didn't want anyone to know. Jed wanted to appear strong and tough, like he could handle anything.

The trauma started showing itself in small ways. He began withdrawing from everyone and seemed more irritated, no one really noticed.

But everything came to light one evening when Larry went to pick him up.

"No! No! No! Stop! Don't you try to handle me!" Jed yelled.

"Hey, it's ok. Jed, I'm not going to hurt you." Larry was taken aback by this.

Jedidiah never liked being man-handled, everyone knew that, but he never reacted like this with Larry; the least the tiny cowboy got was frustrated.

This time he was terrified.

Larry bent down and tried to calm Jed, but it seemed like the latter's mind was elsewhere.

"No. No. Get away from me, you stupid pharaoh!" Jed yelled.

'He's having a flashback.' Larry realized.

"Is Jed alright?" Ahkmenrah asked. "What's wrong with him?" Sacajawea questioned.

"Shell shock." Teddy perceived.

Larry brought Octavius over to the Wild Wild West exhibit to see if he could get through to Jed. Oct was small like Jed, so that could be an advantage.

"Jedidiah, it's me, Octavius. You're safe. We're in the New York Museum, Kahmunrah is in the Underworld. He will never hurt us again." the tiny Roman reassured.

This seemed to bring the tiny cowboy back to reality. Jed was embarrassed, but Larry told him it would be ok.

(A/N: Sorry for the abrupt ending, I couldn't think of anything else to put).