Chapter. 5

Butters led me to his locker and pulled out a small white first aid kit. He grabbed a white cloth, an ice pack, and a bottle of peroxide before putting the box back.

My eyes glanced around the halls wondering if that teacher was still looking around for me and the other girls. Not that I cared if any of those bitches got caught.

I'm bleeding for Christ's sake, those hoes can go to hell! ...I'll probably try to talk to them about the Stan situation tomorrow.

You know what they say; keep your friends close and you friend's psycho girlfriend and her bitchass squad closer.

I was broken out of my thoughts by the feeling of Butters applying the now peroxide soaked cloth to my lower lip. I hissed and pulled back immediately.

"Ow, fuck!"

"I-i told you it was g-gonna hurt!" Butters stammered.

"No, you didn't!"

"Well... I meant to..."

I rolled my eyes and leaned forward a bit so Butters could continue. He raised the cloth to my mouth again and I braced myself for the oncoming stinging sensation.

After Butters was done cleaning my lip he pressed the icepack to my red cheek. It burned a bit but not enough for me to flinch away, instead I leaned more into it.

I took the ice pack from Butters and pressed it harder to my cheek with a whimper.

Wendy really knew how to make a slap count.

"So," Butters started, hesitantly, "a-are you gonna tell me w-what happened or...?"

Butters blue eyes stared up at me with concern and I gave him a small smile. Ruffling his soft hair I sighed and shook my head.

"Nah." I said. "I don't think I will."

Butters opened his mouth to protest but I quickly cut him off.

"Don't sweat it Butters, it's just some girl drama." I waved him off and began walking down the hall. "I'll be fine, alright? You don't have to worry about me."

"B-but I do worry about you, (Y/n)!" Butters yelled after me.

"You've literally only known me for a day, Butters." I snorted. "Seriously, it's fine. I'm not your problem."

"Yeah, you're right. You're my friend."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to face the short blonde. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he continued.

"You're one o-of the nicest people I-i've ever met, (Y/n). You don't make f-fun of me or call me names like other kids... Y-you're my friend and if something's going on I-i wanna help you."

I stared at Butters in shock for a moment. No one had showed this much care for me in a while, especially not someone I'd just met that day.

"B-butters..." I stuttered, my voice cracking.

I shook my head and cleared my throat before speaking again.

"Look, Butters, you're sweet and all but you don't know me, alright?" I glared at him. "And you definitely don't need to be getting too involved with me."

My mind wandered to an unpleasant memory and I frowned.

"I'm bad news."

"(Y/n)--"

"I gotta go, Butters." I sighed and turned away again.

Butters called after me but I just kept walking. I heard the sound of his locker closing and footsteps rushing towards me. Suddenly, Butters stood beside me with a determined look as he swung his backpack over his shoulder.