Chapter 22

*Skyler's POV* 

It's been a few weeks since Gracie woke up. In those few weeks, I have become way too emotional for my liking. Not only that but I'm starting to look like a whale each day. I'm only a month in and I don't understand why I'm so big.

Alex says I don't look like a whale more like a pregnant lady. He also says I don't look that big yet. I guess I am overreacting a bit, I think as I look at my body through the mirror. I look more like a baby watermelon right now.

Alex and I are going on a date right now. So I'm currently wearing a sundress. I feed the pups and am on my way to meet Alex and his office.

"Morning Luna Skyler." Says Lilly. I don't know if you remember but Lilly is the girl from the dungeon a few months back. I was able to get Alex to take her in.

"Morning Lilly, how are you today?" I say.

"I'm doing good luna and yourself?"

"Great." Isn't a total lie. I can't help but worry about my "parents." We haven't heard from them in months. Alex always reassures me that we have the best fighters and that nothing will happen but I can't help but feel that any day now something is going to happen.

"I'll catch you later, Lil's I have a date," I say winking at her.

"Of course Luna! Bye!"

"Bye Lil's!" I say as I make my way to Alex's office.

"Hey, baby's" Alex says as I enter his office.

"Hi," I responded.

"How is my queen?" He says referring to me.

"And my princess or prince?" He says kissing my belly.

"They're good too."

"Good. I'm just finishing this paperwork and then we can go. I reserved for the garden to be closed for our picnic. When's the doctor's appointment?" He asks. Oh snap I forgot about that. Umm...Oh!

"It's at 4. We have time. It's only 10 anyways."

"Great. Ready?" He asks me. I respond with a yes and get up from my spot on the comfy chair. He grabs the baskets full of yummy food and we are off to the garden.

On arriving I can't help but run to my favorite spot. In the middle of all the sunflowers. Right by us to is a small lake full of fish and frogs.

Alex chuckles at me as I begin to throw bread at the fish. He sets up our blanket and I sit with him.

"Do you think that things will change once the baby arrives?" I say.

"Well of course Sky, but the change in a good way. I know you don't like change but it'll be changed in a good way okay?" He says.

"Okay."

"Look!" I scream like a little kid and point to the deer by the woods. I would shift and follow it if it weren't for being pregnant. Nancy said that shifting while pregnant can cause the baby to die because of the change in my body.

Alex laughs and we watch it leave together. Enjoying our sandwiches I am startled by many birds flying over us. Weird.

"Huh, strange. Something must be coming our way. We should go anyway, it's almost 4." Alex says.

"B-but somethings coming shouldn't we stay and figure out what it is?" I say.

"The fighters got it. It's okay Sky." He reassures me and holds my hand as we walk to the doctors.

We wait until the front desk lady tells us Nancy is ready for us and has someone lead us to the room.

"Hi Luna, Alpha." She says bowing respectfully.