five: stone

"I'm going to a bar this weekend with some friends, wanna join?"

"I'll see, we might have practice."

Sohn Eric, 5'9, co-captain of the school's dance team, walked towards the dining hall. Beside him was Choi Bomin, 5'11, one of Eric's best friends and easily the most attractive guy in the arts department.

Bomin groaned, "Practice this practice that do you really need me to get on my knees and beg you to hang out with me?"

"Ok fine, but I'll have to bring Minako with me,"

"Who?"

"Someone from the team, she's been texting me non-stop to take her out again after I took her home last week, and she never specified that it couldn't be a group thing so..."

"You're actually evil for that man."

"No, I'm a genius who found a loophole, you wish you could be me." Eric replied smugly.

The path from the residences to the dining hall was easily one of his favourite walks on campus. It was where the earliest buildings had been built and the gothic-style buildings were any architecture student's wet dream, AKA him. 

This time of the year was when it looked the prettiest because it was when the leaves on all the trees lining the path began to change hues.

"Hey! Doyeon!" Bomin suddenly waved his hand to someone across the street.

He stopped to see what had caught his friend's attention. 

Walking in the opposite of them were two girls.

"Doyeon!" Bomin shouted again, trying to get her attention.

They didn't seem to hear his over their own conversation.

"Which one are you screaming at." Eric whispered at his friend

"Kim Doyeon, the taller one with long hair- YA DOYEON." He waved again frantically to no avail.

"Give up man, she can't hear you," Eric said as he tried to pull his friends arm down, "Everyone's staring except for her, she's clearly ignoring you."

"Yeah ok whatever," He grumbled, "always ignoring me, rude as hell as if I'm not seeing her tonight anyways."

"Tonight? Who is she anyways."

"A high school friend, a bunch of us are grabbing dinner tonight so I was gonna offer her a ride but I guess not since she wants to ignore me." Clearly someone was bitter.

Eric laughed, "Friends? Maybe you should double-check with her if it's mutual."

"Man, shut up." Bomin rolled his eyes and muttered in defeat, "Like I said it's whatever"

"Well, anyways, who's her friend?" He asked instead, trying to change the topic.

Bomin didn't reply and continued walking.

"Aww, come on."

He nudged his arm playfully.

"Who is she?"

"Stone Choi." 

"Stone who?"

"Choi Jihyun, Doyeon's best friend. We used to call her stone cause she had the emotional scale of one."

"We?"

"She also went to my highschool."

"Ah..." Eric nodded.

He recognized her, or else he wouldn't have asked. "Good-morning-girl" is the name he'd given her in her head. 

She was a little odd, no one just says good morning in a class full of people they don't know, especially in fourth-year. Then again, he would have never know she even existed if not for the morning greetings. Now he could put a name to her face. 

Choi Jihyun. Stone Choi.

He liked good-morning-girl a little better.