CHAPTER 1: Going to School

My name is Natalie Ross, I am currently 14 years old, and just moved to Oregon, Wisconsin from a small town in North Carolina called Lincolnton where I am about to start my freshman year of high school. I am fairly short for my age, I am 4 foot 11, everyone mistakes my age and thinks that I am still in elementary school.

*Dream fades in*It feels so real, it is currently the 4th of September, 2018, my first day at my new school, my first day in high school. I am walking down the hallway and I see this cute guy and he ends up asking me to the dance. I ended up saying yes. *Dream fades out*

"Natalie, it's time to get up and get ready for school!" yells my mother.

I am excited yet nervous, it is my first day as a high schooler in my new school. I jump in the shower all excited and I am right out in 5 minutes. I don't even take the time to get dressed. Once I am dressed, I rush downstairs to see what my mom made me for breakfast.

"Yum!! Bacon, eggs and pancakes! My favorite!" I say.

"You better hurry up and eat before your bus comes" my mother says.

I hurry up and eat my food and didn't even ask for seconds. Once I am done eating, I realize that I am almost late for my bus. I hurry up and grab my backpack, which contains all my items that I need for school, and head out to the bus stop to wait for the bus. Within 5 minutes of arriving at the bus stop, the bus comes. As I get on the bus, I plug my headphones into my iPhone 8 and slowly make my way to the back of the bus to avoid anyone due to being nervous about my first day at school. The bus ride is a nice 15-minute ride, which gave me plenty of time to listen to music and calm my mind.

After the 15-minute ride, I arrived at Oregon High School, which is medium size, but it is so much bigger than my old school in North Carolina. As I walk into the school, I am overwhelmed at the size difference of the school compared to my old school.

I glance down at my schedule to see where my locker is. I manage to find my locker where I am greeted by a girl, which is known by many people at the school by the name of Jennifer Robinson.

"Umm... Excuse me..." I say shyly, "I believe you are at my locker".

Jennifer laughs and says, "Your locker? Are you even old enough to be in high school? You look like you're 5 years old".

Before I can even retort back, I hear "Hey! Leave her alone!". Once Jennifer heard that, she got all mad and walked away.

"Hi, my name is Abby, I am a junior here at Oregon, I take it you're new?" Says Abby.

"Yes, I am, I actually just moved here from North Carolina. I am a freshman" I reply.

"If you need help with anything, I can help show you to your first class once you are done putting your things back in your locker" Abby says.

"That would be great!" I reply. After I drop my backpack off in my locker, Abby shows me around the school and takes me to my first class: Physical Science.