🏈 t e n

"You look busy." Harry heard a couple days later. He looked up from his paper to see Louis, who'd just sat down in his desk.

"Not really busy. Just doing some writing."

"An essay?"

He folded the paper so Louis couldn't see. "No. A letter to someone. I just needed to write it down first before I put it in an email. To make sure it says everything I want it to say, you know."

"Yeah, I get it. No problem. So... did you do the homework last night?"

"Of course I did. You?"

"Yep. But I struggled. There's so much I didn't understand. I don't know how I made it this far when I'm still on the basics."

"That's okay. That's why we're partners."

"I guess."

"Do you mind being tutored?"

"By you?"

"Yeah. By me. I don't mind doing it after school one day. The best time to do it for me is at the Red Diner. I work there and my boss loves me so I'm sure he'll give me some time for that."

"You're sure about that?"

"Yes. He always looks out for me."

"Do you work everyday?"

"No."

"Then why can't we just do it at each other's house when you're off?"

"Because of my parents. I don't necessarily want to explain it in detail but just know that wouldn't be very good."

"Why? Do they hate tutoring or something? I don't understand."

Harry sighed. It was clear he wasn't going to get away with not explaining this to him.

"Okay. Can you keep a secret?"

"Yes."

"Would you keep a secret about me if I told you?"

"Of course. I wouldn't tell anyone. Trust me. I know all about keeping important secrets."

"Okay, well..." He hesitated. "The thing is my mom doesn't know about me and Zayn."

Louis froze. "What? She doesn't?"

"No. We've been keeping it from her ever since we started dating last year."

"Oh. Wow."

"Yeah. It's been a long time."

"Why do you keep it from her? Does she not like Zayn?"

"Actually, she likes him a lot as long as he's just my best friend. But she hasn't moved with the times you might say. She's not very accepting of same sex relationships because my step father grew up in a religious household and he shuns it. So she's always checking up on me now and wanting to know who I'm hanging out with and she gets nervous when I go behind a closed door with a boy. I can already tell she'll never look at me the same when she finally finds out."

"Oh. Wow. You're really on some forbidden lover shit. That's crazy."

"Yeah, it is. But what can I do? Their house. Their rules. So I can only deal with it until I go to college."

"With Zayn."

"Hopefully. But we'll see. So about the tutoring thing. Are you up for it?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm available a couple nights out of the week. But I don't know if I could make it a routine though."