Happiness

Some Years Later:

The Herondale manor cast a long shadow down on the family who stood out in the front yard.

A mother, a father, and their three children, all smiling happily as they stood out in the summer air waiting the arrival of their guest.

The wife, a beautiful woman with curly red hair looked over at her husband, "Jace?" She asked, "When are they ever going to arrive?"

Jace shrugged, time had aged him quite wonderfully and he looked stronger even more than he had when he had been a boy, "I'm really surprised Magnus didn't portal him and Alec here."

Clary laughed and turned out to watch as her children chased each other around the yard and thought back how she had gotten to this moment.

After the dark war, sadness had clawed it's way in, yet moments of joy found their way in.

The day Simon got all his memories back.

The day Magnus and Alec got married.

The day Simon and Izzy got married.

The day Maia and Bat got married.

The day Jace asked her to marry her and then their wedding day and the birth of their three lovely children, Johanna, Vance, and Amanda.

Clary smiled, Johanna was the oldest at ten and had beautiful curled blonde hair and was stubborn and head strong. She, much like Jace, felt the need to care for and protect her family, especially her little siblings.

Vance was next, the middle child at seven. He had a mess of red and had already started to show how smart and cunning he could be.

Last was Amanda. She was only four and still didn't fully understand the world she had been born into. She had strawberry blonde hair which was normally pulled up into pigtails by Clary. She was sweet and a total daddy's girl.

As Clary watched the children played tag with each other and Johanna even slowed down her long legs so Amanda could catch up. "I win!" She cried.

Johanna shook her head, "No you don't! I'm just it now, run Amanda!"

Amanda squealed and took off, Johanna laughed and ran after her.

"Ah children."

Both Clary and Jace jumped and spun, Clary pulling a dagger from her belt.

"Whoa! Don't kill my husband!"

Clary relaxed and put her dagger back, "Then tell your husband not to startle me," She snapped at Alec, at the same time she pulled him into a big hug. "Hey."

Magnus brushed himself off, "I thought you heard the portal, biscuit, old age isn't looking good for you."

Clary rolled her eyes, "Says the man is who what, four hundred plus?"

Magnus waved his hand, "Shhh."

"Uncle Alec! Uncle Magnus!" The kids had realized the two appearing and ran towards them, throwing themselves into their waiting arms.

Alec ruffled Johanna's hair, "Jo, it looks like you might actually be taller then your mom!"

Jo beamed and Clary frowned, "The short jokes aren't funny anymore."

Alec shrugged, "I think they are."

Jace leaned towards Alec, "You know, you might be my parabatai, but she's my wife, so if she kills you, I'll have to side with her."

Clary looked at Jace, "Jace!"

Jace leaned forward and kissed her, "I love you."

"I love you too."