Chapter One

The sun pierced through the large window, illuminating the small living room. A young moustached man sat slouched back on a scarlet sofa. His sapphire eyes gleamed kindly at his taller, younger brother; as he watched him pack a little emerald green suitcase.

"Weegie, I hope you enjoy your time over there!" he exclaimed.

Luigi glanced up at Mario, as he folded away a pair of overalls and flashed him a warm smile.

"Thanks Mario! I-a really can't wait to be in the BeanBean Kingdom again! It's been way too long!" Luigi chuckled, excitedly.

Mario slid upright on the couch and fold his arms.

"Hmm... I really do miss the BeanBean Kingdom myself. I've never set foot there since our last adventure - Mamma mia!" Mario exclaimed, stretching out his arms.

Luigi shut his suitcase and carefully zipped it up.

"I-a have to say, I've never felt so important in my life! The Prince invited me specifically!" Luigi chirped.

"And-a not me?" Mario squeaked, faking a hurt expression.

"Eh, well-a Peach invites you to her castle every five minutes, so it's my turn to get some appreciation!" Luigi exclaimed, with a wide grin on his face.

He lifted his suitcase with one hand.
"Owie!! Boy, this thing's-a heavy"

Mario stood up from the couch.

"Ah Weegie! Remember that you're-a not living there, only visiting there! Maybe get rid of some stuff."

Luigi froze.

"B-but Mario... I can't risk leaving anything behind. I think I've-a packed everything I need!"

Mario unzipped the suitcase and pulled out a large Pikachu plush. Luigi's face turned as red as a tomato.

"You-a still like this little guy?" Mario teased jokingly.

"Eh, n-not as much as I used to..." Luigi protested. He swiftly grabbed the plush toy from his older twin.

"Ah Weegie, I didn't mean to embarrass you. If you want to bring him, please-a do!"

Luigi awkwardly gritted his teeth.

"Eh, maybe not. The Prince is going to think I'm such a DORK!"

Luigi thrust the Pikachu plush at Mario.

"Here, go put it back upstairs-"

"What else in there?" Mario interrupted, peering into Luigi suitcase.

The red plumber fixed his gaze upon... something in his brother's suitcase. Smiling in awe, he held it out.

It was a yellow rose.

"You still have the rose that Peasley gave you!" Mario exclaimed.

Luigi blushed profusely, scratching his head.

"I-It's b-because..." The Green plumber was lost for words.

"It's-a really nice of you, Weeg! It must mean a lot!"

Thankful for Mario's interruption, Luigi quickly added: "Y-yeah, it does! It was... very  kind of him, heh."

Mario carefully placed the rose and the big Pikachu plush back into the suitcase.

"I'm sorry for looking through it like-a that. I guess everything in here IS important." Mario apologised.

"Except maybe that-a Pikachu!" Luigi exclaimed.