5

Today was finally the day that Shawn and Beyoncé had to present their speech. Beyoncé was slightly nervous because she didn't want to mess up. She got up even earlier than usual and made sure she looked amazing. On a usual Friday class, she'd wear leggings, sweatpants, or something of the sort, but today she needed to look nice because she was going to be standing in front of the class.

The speech was a pretty good portion of the midterm grade, so they both needed to crush it. Shawn took it slightly less serious than Beyoncé did. He, of course, cared about his grade, but he wasn't panicking like her. They hadn't gotten along throughout the entire project, but they ended on a good note.

Finally, they were both on their way to class. They ran into each other on the first floor of the building. "Good morning." Beyoncé greeted him with a small wave.

"What's up." He said with a head nod and returned his hands to his pockets. "You nervous?" He asked as they walked up the steps together.

"Very." She answered honestly followed by a deep sigh.

"For what?" Shawn looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You killed it every time that we rehearsed. You made us start over every time either one of us messed up. We've rehearsed it perfectly for the last 10 times in a row. Just chill."

B relaxed herself as Shawn encouraged her. He was right, they had been reciting the speech perfectly for a while now. That was the point of practicing. "Thank you," she told him. "I'm good."

They walked into the classroom and took their seats. The professor soon walked in and shut the door behind her. "Good morning, everyone. As you know, today is presentation day. Does anyone want to go first before I start randomly calling names?"

Shawn immediately raised his causing Beyoncé to look at him like he was crazy. "Okay, Shawn and Beyoncé, you're up."

"Relax." He whispered to Beyoncé who started to panic all over again. "You got this."

After their presentation, Beyoncé felt a weight lift off of her shoulders. She was thoroughly surprised that they both did so well. She knew that they'd be getting an A+ for sure. Class was finally over and after watching everyone else's speech, they knew that they did the best. No shade.

Shawn and Beyoncé packed up and headed for the door. "We should go out!" Beyoncé said excitedly as they walked down the stairs. They had another class for the day, but fortunately it was cancelled. They could both start the weekend early.

"Out where?" Jay asked curiously.

"There's a party on campus tonight..." B said and proceeded to explain what the party was for. She swore it was going to be 'lit' and they needed to be there.

"Oh, nah... I'm not really the partying type." He declined at first with a simple shake of his head.

"Come on! Just this one party!" B pouted and pulled on his arm. "Pleaseeeee."

"Fine." Jay agreed after no time at all. He wanted to hang out with her and if he needed to go to a party to do that, then so be it.

"Yay! Meet me there at 11. I'll text you everything else!"

"Bet!" He said. "Let me let you go and get ready. You probably need to start getting ready now, I know you going to take 16 hours."

"Shut up. I don't take that long, but whatever. I'll see you later." She gave him a quick smile before heading to her apartment.

The first thing B wanted to do was take a nap. So that's exactly what she did as soon as she got home. Shawn on the other hand, wasn't too fond of taking naps. So when he got back to his aunt's house, he found another way to entertain himself to pass time; watching basketball highlights on YouTube. He did just that all evening until he got up and got ready to leave.