I Love You, I Love You, I Love You

Kirishima can't believe his eyes.

Next to him, Kaminari is barely stifling back a laugh. "Holy shit dude, I think he's broken," Denki wheezes, coughing slightly as Bakugou continues to—Kirishima gulps.

As Bakugou continues to hug him.

"What the hell is going on?" Kirishima whispers, barely managing to breathe as Bakugou nuzzles—nuzzles—his head into Kirishima's chest. Emitting a low growl, Bakugou curls his arms around Kirishima's waist, moving his head to stare up at Eijirou innocently.

"You're warm," he states, his face open. Uncharacteristic. Kirishima wracks his brains. What could have possibly caused this sudden, drastic change in Bakugou's personality?

Suddenly, it clicks.

"Damn—I think I know why he's like this," Kirishima bursts out, grabbing Bakugou's hand and starting off in the direction of the nurse's office. Kaminari calls after him.

"Why?" Jogging to catch up, Kaminari gasps for air. "What's making him act like this?" Kirishima furrows his brow.

"I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the villain we fought yesterday," he explains, seeing the look of recognition bloom across Kaminari's face.

"What? That low-threat one we took down?" Kirishima nods emphatically, slowing down once they reach the corridor the health room is in. Pulling Bakugou into the office, Kirishima seats him at a bed.

That is where his problem gets worse.

Scowling, Bakugou clings onto his arm. "Mine," he snarls when Kaminari tries prying his fingers off Kirishima's wrist. Grinning, Kaminari lets Bakugou hang on desperately to Kirishima's hand, only watching as Eijirou begs him to do something.

Without warning, Recovery Girl appears out of nowhere, bustling over to Bakugou's side immediately. "What's the matter?" she asks, directing the question towards Kirishima with a brow raised. Kirishima only laughs awkwardly, a hand going to scratch his neck in embarrassment.

"We think he was hit by a Quirk yesterday."

"I see. It only managed to manifest today, correct?" Recovery Girl supplies wryly, examining Bakugou's vitals. "Well, he seems to be physically fit; however, I presume you brought him here due to a drastic change in mentality?"

Kirishima nods woefully. "He won't let go of me, ever since lunch break," he explains, a rueful expression dressing his features as Recovery Girl tries to get Bakugou to let go of Kirishima's arm.

All to no avail, it seems, as Bakugou only growls louder in response. Sitting at her desk, Recovery Girl brings up a comprehensive list of all the world's known Quirks, typing some keywords into the filter before hitting 'search'.

A couple of results come up, but only one catches her eye. "I think I know what's making Bakugou-kun act this way," she announces grimly, making Kirishima's heart sink.

"What's the Quirk called?"

"Heightening. It elevates the emotion of the victim to its maximum, causing them to lose reason and focus all their energy into maintaining that emotion. Under normal circumstances, this Quirk works immediately," she hums, "but it seems to have had a delayed reaction with young Bakugou here," she finishes, raising a brow.

"If I may enquire, Kirishima-kun," Recovery Girl probes, "what kind of relationship do you have with Bakugou Katsuki?" Kirishima's heart leaps into his throat.

After All Might's retirement, he and Bakugou had become even better friends. Gone was the slight feeling of awkwardness every time Kirishima accidentally brushed his arm against Bakugou's own whilst they were studying; either Bakugou put up with Kirishima's skinship or genuinely didn't mind, because he was letting Eijirou touch him without qualms.