Chapter 27 ~ Pulling The Trigger, To End The War

I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. My former best friend and sister who I thought I knew everything about had just committed suicide right in front of me! I'm gonna need a minute...

I sat down and pulled my legs up in front of me, my mind whirling.

Did Piper have more going on than I had thought?

Was this something I did?

Was I responsible?

Did Semara make her do this?

I just didn't know! After a few minutes of complete silence I heard footsteps running towards me. I smiled.

Seth!

I jumped up and turned around. My smile turned into a worried look. The person running towards me was not Seth, it was Bailey. I pulled out my gun, pointing it at him. He slowed down to a walk as he got closer. I walked forward - away from the edge of the roof - towards him. He didn't even pull out his gun.

"W-where's Seth?" I stuttered.

He smirked. "I took care of it." He said smugly.

Keep it together Ashley!

He's not dead.

He's not dead.

He can't be dead.

Tears stung my eyes but I stayed strong. If I broke down in tears Bailey would know I'm weak and kill me easily.

"Where's Piper?" Bailey asked crossing his arms.

"Shouldn't you know?" I retaliated.

"I should but I don't so why don't you share with the group!" He snarled.

"She jumped!" I yelled. "Off this fucking roof!"

"Piper's dead?" He seemed surprised.

"You weren't in on this?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I knew it would happen - her depression was getting stronger than ever these past few days."

"Depression?"

He nodded.

"I couldn't stop her." I told him. "She just jumped."

He pulled out his gun and pointed it at me. "No this is all your fault."

He launched at me putting the gun down and punching me. I blocked some of them and punched him back. I did a high kick and got him in the head. He stumbled back but came at me again. He went for a high kick but I ducked and tackled him to the ground. He tried to get up but I sat on him and held my gun to his head.

"I just have one question!" I yelled. "Why do you want to kill me?"

He looked around, avoiding my glare. I slapped him and pulled his face up so he looked into my eyes.

"Um... Well..." He started. "Ok... Well you see-"

"The whole story!" I demanded.

"Well before your mum died you were as strong as ever - better than anyone and you wouldn't stop. And then after you mum died we thought we had weaken you but you only got stronger so-"

"Wait wait wait!" I cut him off. "What do you mean 'we thought we had weaken you'?"

He smirked and pushed me off him so I lay on the ground beside him. I kept a firm grasp on my gun as I got up. We both stood adjacent to one another.

"I think you know what I mean." He said with a smug look on his face. "I was there, when your mum died! I was the one who shot her down!"

"Fuck you and your kind!" I screamed.

"Yeah sorry, not sorry." he said.

I crossed my arms. "You were saying about me being strong?"

"You only got stronger." He continued. "We knew that you would take over and there would have been no room for us to at least fight some people. You almost completely took over just before Gracie died. We had to do something!"

Authors note: Gracie = Ashley's mum

"You killed my mum you bastard!" I yelled and kicked him so hard in the gut that he fell onto the ground.

He lay on his back and I put my foot on his stomach so he wasn't going anywhere. I pointed the gun at him.

"How long were you plotting the attack for?!" I asked.

"Oh months it would've been!" He exclaimed with a smirk on his face. "She was just the first chapter."

"And so I'm the fucking second?" I questioned.

"No your daddy was!" He retaliated. "When was the last time you saw him huh? Or even my boss - Semara!?"

I froze and put both feet firmly on his stomach so I was standing on him. I put my finger on the trigger and aimed it at his face. His expression went from smug to horrified really fucking quick.

"Your a dick!"

That was the last thing I said to him before pulling the trigger to end the war.

**********************************************************

Oh my god!!

This drama though.

It's freacking hysterical.

Anyways hope you liked it and there are still more surprises to come so be ready. The one thing I can't believe though is how long it took me to write this chapter. It only took me a day! I don't know if that's good or bad. But oh well...

Oh! And by the way the picture at the start of this chapter is Caroline Corinth who is/was Piper! Anyways...

See ya

Bye