19.4

That night, Mia is boxing Letty's things up as cops stake the house out as if Dom and Kassidy would show. Mia takes a box out to the garage. Mia sets the box down before she sees her brother walk in the garage from the back.

"Dom," Mia gasps before rushing over and pulling him into a hug. "I told you not to come. They're staking the place out. If they find you..."

"They won't," Dom says before he looks at Mia. "Look at you." It had been four years since Dom had seen his sister and she had grown up. Dom looks around the garage before he catches sight of his charger. Dom start walking over to it.

"Letty wouldn't let them junk it," Mia says as she watches him. "Even though it is a goddamn curse. When Letty came back, she was always in here, working on it day and night. It was weird. It was like Letty knew you were coming back." Dom leans down at the window, looking inside the car before spotting his necklace hanging on the rearview mirror, that he had given Kassidy.

"I thought it could use a special touch," Kassidy says as she leans against the back door.

"Kass!" Mia says excitedly before they hug. "I told you not to come."

"If you thought I wasn't then you don't know me," Kassidy says with a smile causing Mia to laugh as they pull apart. They both look at Dom as Kassidy fights the urge to run over to him. He had left her. "Dominic." Kassidy nods her head at Dom before turning to look at Mia. "I want to see the crash site."

Dom pulls up to where Mia, points out the crash site to be. Kassidy, Dom, and Mia get out of the car.

"It's straight ahead," Mia tells them as she leans on the hood. Dom and Kassidy then walk over to where the crash was. Kassidy visualizes the crash before kneeling down to touch something yellow. They get back into the car before Dom starts driving them home. He stops about two blocks away from their house.

"You found something back there," Dom states as he looks at Kassidy.

"There were burn marks on the ground. The kind that could only be caused by nitrometh," Kassidy explains to him.

"There's only one guy in all of L.A. that sells that," Dom states.

"Nothing either of you do is going to bring her back, Kass, Dom," Mia says sadly. "If I were Letty, I would ask you both... No, I would beg you both, please, let this go. Before it's too late."

"It's already too late," Kassidy tells her as Dom nods in agreement.

"I love you, both," Mia says before kissing Dom on the cheek and getting out of the car.

"Kass, I need you to stay out of this. I don't want you getting hurt," Dom says as he looks at her.

"It's Kassidy," Kassidy corrects as she looks at Dom with a glare. "Now you care what happens to me?"

"I've always cared," Dom tells her, shocked by the way she is acting.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it. I mean leaving without a goodbye in the middle of the night," Kassidy says as she opens her door. "Letty was my friend and there is nothing you can say or do to keep me out of this." Kassidy gets out of the car leaving Dom in shock.