29.5

Two Weeks Later

"All rise," An officer orders. Everyone in the courtroom stands before the judge sits down. "Please be seated." Brian and Mia are behind the big glass window as they watch Dom and Kassidy's case. As they sit, Brian wraps his arm around Mia.

"Please rise, Mr. Toretto and Miss Pearce," The judge orders before Dom and Kassidy stand up. "I've listened to the testimony and taken into special consideration, Agent O'Conner's appeal of clemency on behalf of Mr. Toretto and Miss Pearce. That their actions directly resulted in the apprehension of known drug trafficker Arturo Braga. However, this judiciary finds that one right does not make up for a lifetime worth of wrongs. And as such, I find that I am forced to level the maximum sentence under California law." This angers Brian, causing him to leave the room. "Dominic Toretto and Kassidy Pearce, you are both hereby sentenced to serve 25 years to life at the Lompoc maximum security prison system without possibility of early parole. This court is adjourned."

TWO DAYS LATER

Dom is sitting in the back of the bus that is taking him to the prison, while Kassidy sits in the front. There is nothing but open road between the bus and the prison. Not a car in sight. Brian is driving Dom's car as he follows behind Mia with Tego and Santos behind him.

"There it is," Mia says over the walkie before Brian pulls beside her. Mia and Brian share a smirk before they both drive on either side of the bus. Kassidy glances out the windows to see the two black cars before she smirks. Mia drives way in front of the bus on the opposite side of the road while Brian drives in front of the bus. Mia quickly pulls her emergency brake helping her quickly turn into Brian's lane, driving towards the bus. Mia drives straight towards the bus causing the bus to swerve into the other lane. As the bus tries to correct itself, Brian hits his brakes causing the bus to hit him before the bus starts flipping. Brian quickly gets out of his car before going into the bus to get Dom and Kassidy while Mia waits by the cars.

"Thank god!" Mia says as she runs over to them as Dom, Kassidy, and Brian quickly get out of the bus. Mia and Dom hug while Brian and Kassidy hug.

"Thank you," Kassidy tells Brian.

"Lets get out of here," Brian says before Dom and Kassidy take off together with Brian and Mia going together. They all agreed to meet up in Rio weeks later.

"Here's what we know so far. This is all the aftermath of a daring, daylight breakout. There was 26 high risk inmates being transferred. Everyone onboard had been accounted for, except for two, Dominic Toretto and Kassidy Pearce. Police have just released the identity of the man they believe to have orchestrated the shocking escape that amazingly resulted in no fatalities this afternoon. He is former federal agent, Brian O'Conner. A fierce manhunt is underway for four fugitives tonight. Multiple federal and local agencies have joined forces in the search for Dominic Toretto, Kassidy Pearce, and their accomplices Brian O'Conner and Mia Toretto. But despite every eye in the country looking for them where the Toretto's, Pearce, and O'Conner are now is anyone's guess."

Kassidy looks over at Dom, as he drives, and smiles glad she finally has him back with her. Dom feels her stare before looking over at her with a smile. He grabs her hand before kissing the back of it. Early the next morning, Dom shakes Kassidy awake as he pulls up in front of a house. Kassidy looks out the front windshield to see a man standing in the road before she recognizes who it is. Kassidy looks over at Dom shocked and he nods his head. Kassidy quickly gets out of the car with a smile on her face.

"Vince!" Kassidy says as she rushes over to him before he pulls her into a hug. They pull apart before Dom and Vince hug.

"We got a job to do," Vince says with a smirk.