22.4

Kassidy arrives at the race before she is led into a building.

"You all know why you're here," Campos says as he gets ready to swing at a golf ball. "Good drivers are a dime a dozen. Man, every corner's got a chingadera tuner racing for pinks. That's not what Braga has got me looking for. Braga wants someone that would sell their abuelita to be behind the wheel. Someone that drives their 10-Second cars not in a straight line, but to push it and make it through places no one else would take it. Real drivers."

"So, what are we hauling?" Dom asks.

"For the money Braga's paying, you don't need to know," Campos answers him.

"You just said you wanted real drivers. A real driver knows exactly what's in their car," Kassidy explains with a small smirk.

"Mira, real driver, nobody's forcing you to race," A guy named Fenix says as he stands in front of Kassidy.

"You the boss?" Dom asks him. "Or is she talking to the boss?"

"Do I look like a boss?" Fenix asks him back.

"My job is to find the best drivers, period," Campos says to stop things from escalating. "Whoever wins and gets second gets the info. We cool?" Gisele walks around handing each driver a GPS. "Are we cool?"

"Yeah, we're cool," Dom answers him as he takes a GPS from Gisele.

"No, we ain't cool, man," Another driver says. "Who's closing these streets?"

"No one. That's the point," Campos says with a laugh.

All the drivers start revving their engines as the GPS starts downloading.

"Please wait while directions are downloaded," The GPS says. "Proceed to the highlighted route. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six..." The line up is two racers, then Brian, Dom, and Kassidy.

"You sure you want to do this?" Dom asks Kassidy.

"A lot has changed," Kassidy answers him, not even looking at him.

"You're right," Dom says in disappointment.

"Three, Two, One, Go!" The driver's take off with Dom doing a wheelie. Kassidy easily takes the lead with Dom, Brian, and the other drivers right behind her. "Right turn ahead. You are now five miles from your destination." They make another turn onto the Main Street. Brian takes the turn too wide, almost being hit. Brian bumps into Dom before getting in front of him. Dom can't get around Brian so he drives into oncoming traffic. "Right turn ahead." The last driver is taken out as he takes the curve too wide going into oncoming traffic. Brian misses the turn as he dodges the wreck. "You are 2.6 miles from your destination." Dom and the other driver fight for second. "You are now one mile from your destination." The other driver keeps bumping into Dom. The other driver goes to hit Dom again but Dom accelerates causing the other driver to hit the side walk and start flipping. "You are now one-quarter mile from your destination." Brian gets ahead of Dom before Dom hits his NOS. Dom passes Brian.

"Too early, Dom," Brian says with a smirk as he hits his NOS. Dom sees Brian gaining on him and Brian starts to pass him. Dom clips Brian's back bumper causing him to start spinning and loose speed.

"No!" Brian yells as he takes off again.

"Still a buster," Dom says with a smirk before crossing the finish line behind Kassidy.

"You have reached your destination. Goodbye,"

Kassidy gets out of her car as the crowd cheers for her before she watches Brian angrily get out of his car.

"At least we know you can't beat me straight up," Brian says angrily as he walks over to Dom.

"I didn't know there were any rules," Dom tells him with a smirk.

"Now that's what I call real driving," Fenix cheers as he walks over to Kassidy causing her to smile.

"No, that's bullshit, man," Brian yells as Fenix claps Dom in the shoulder.

"Go cry to your mama, eh?" Fenix says barely sparing Brian a glance.

"You both work for Braga now," Campos says as he shakes Dom's and Kassidy's hands. "When the GPS calls, you follow."

"Driver's license," Gisele orders as Campos and Fenix walk away.

"What driver's license?" Kassidy asks her with a smirk.

"Thumb," Gisele orders as she holds out a scanner to Kassidy, who scans her thumb. "Thumb" Dom scans his thumb as Kassidy starts walking over to her car. "Cellphone number." Dom looks at Gisele skeptically, while Kassidy glares at the woman. "The print is for Campos and the number is for me."