Chapter 20.

3rd person POV

     -" He isn't moving, he isn't moving!" Marie cried out as she looked down at Connor's body.

     -" Cardiac arrest" Ezra said as Aaron and Marie's eyes shifted towards her " that is what happens to most people who get struck by lightning, not enough blood pumps into the heart causing it to stop working. He is dead" tears flew down her cheeks. A cage flew around Jason and he stared at what he had done, but he didn't regret it.

    -" So you kidnapped Chiron?" Angelina asked.

     -" Yes I did" he said " now who is next?" he asked and Marie, Aaron and Ezra's eyes widdened but Marie's cage disappeared. 

     -" NO!" Aaron screamed as he fell to his knees in tears. 

     -" Does anyone want to do the honors?" Kai said but no one volunteered. Marie mouthed I love you to Aaron before a flash of light engulfed her and with one scream, she burned to a crisp, leaving only ashes were she once stood. Aaron's cage broke and he was in so much grief that he didnt even move when Kai's dagger stabbed his heart and he fell dead to the ground, leaving only Ezra remaining.

     -" And to think that I had a crush on you" she said as she stared at Aaron's golden eyes, Percy crying in the distance.

     -" Any last words?" Kai said as a single tear fell down his cheek.

     -" I loved you, but you have proven that appearances can be deceiving" she said and she closed her eyes, ready to say goodbye and join her friends in Elysium. Kai hesitated but eventually, she fell to the ground with Kai not having even touched her.

     -" What did you do?" Christopher said as tears fell down his face for the people he thought were criminals being murdered in front of him.

     -" Evaporated her blood" he said and before they knew it, the four were back at camp with no light cages around them. Angelina and Christopher ran to get the rest of their group but Percy stayed, crying over and over again with Jason hugging him, saying the same thing over and over again like it would make a difference if he did I am so sorry.

Once the kids told the group in the Big House, Annabeth and Piper ran downhill, both women with tears in their eyes. Once Annabeth reached Percy, he hugged her.

     -" They are gone" Jason said " they were innocent and I tried to kill them" he told Piper who said nothing and just hugged him, knowing that words couldn't help him at the moment, like his words of regret hadn't helped Percy a few minutes before.

------------------- 

Percy and Annabeth sat at the beach together holding hands. Percy hadn't said a word since he had come back but the two stayed together, shedding a tear every time they thought about what had happened. They're throats where dried of words, but they were in pain as the two felt like they could had helped them.

The two were ashamed of themselves.

Percy had set Kai in charge of taking care of the kids but he ended up killing them even though he swore an oath on the River Styx to him that he would keep them safe.

Annabeth felt guilty as she wasn't there for Percy when it all happened. But you are here now, she told herself, but nothing she did allowed her to believe those words, no matter how many times she repeated them over and over in her head.

-----------------------

I know this is a short chapter but I just killed my four main characters so I think it is allowed to be short.

AWW MY BABIES ARE GONE

I honestly thought this was going to be longer but in only 300 words, I was able to kill all of my main characters. 

Don't worry, Percy isn't going to be mourning forever, he and Annabeth just need some time to heal their thoughts of guilt and convince themselves that they did everything they could.

I had the plan of having Ezra be the daughter of Hyperion since the beginning of the story but everything went south so I decided to still put Hyperion as the evil dude that Percy and the gang have to defeat in the next book.

What I did have planned was the idea of Aaron killing the group. I didn't know anything when I started except that the random guy Ezra met at the sword fighting arena was going to be the guy to kill her.

I don't think I gave a lot of time to establish their relationship but I do believe that inside she did love him even though love might be a strong word in this situation.

Ezra's last words might be seen as lame, but I needed something that could haunt Kai even after she was gone. 

I loved how Maron came out and when I reread the part were I wrote that he didnt even put up a fight, I squealed at my own writing (are you allowed to do that?). 

I can just imagine the group of characters happily in Elysium having picnics together but no matter what I do, I won't forgive myself if I allow Aaron to go into Elysium because if someone does something wrong, I am the type of person who holds a grudge (no  I am not a Hades kid, I am a proud Apollo camper and just to confirm your suspicions, I didn't put Ezra as an Apollo camper because I am a Apollo camper, that might have been a factor but I thought that if I could have a daughter of Hyperion, then I could have a super powerful daughter of Apollo who falls at the hands of her love).

Anyway, I am sorry for all of my monologging its just I have a lot of thoughts about this chapter but if some of it doesn't make sense, its 11:37PM when I am writing this so I am a little bit delirious.

Drink your water and cry over your favorite characters Aliens!

-M.E.