The Last

Sasuke Uchiha had odd nightmares.

They began when he was very young and plagued him ever since. It made it very hard to sleep and separate reality from dream. His mother worried and though less vocal about it, his father did too.

Sometimes he'd wake and still believe himself to be dreaming.

In one dream, he was a man called Indra, in another he was known as Madara and often he wondered if he were dreaming that his name was Sasuke. It was very hard to separate his three lives.

Sasuke knew it wasn't very healthy or normal. He settled on pretending not to have the dreams anymore so his parents wouldn't worry. He didn't know if his father or Itachi fell for his act though. He also wasn't afraid of his dreams, in fact, they felt almost...natural. He realized early on that Indra was the main life out of the two.

Sasuke blinked.

That didn't sound very normal.

What he meant to say was Indra was the one in control—wait, that didn't sound right either. Sasuke scowled, pinching the bridge of his nose. Simply put, he didn't need to worry about Madara suddenly taking control and trying to destroy his village like he tried to before. Indra was in control and wouldn't let him.

Sasuke tilted his head thoughtfully.

Or was he in control?

"Hn."

He missed being normal.

::

His parents treated him delicately like a glass that would crack at any given moment. It saddened Sasuke somewhat that his parents felt the need to shelter him. He wasn't handicapped.

It was an awkward family meal after his parents made sure that he was eating properly. (Mikoto might've tried feeding him once or twice)

Indra snorted in the back of his mind.

Sasuke froze.

What. The. Hell.

Was he hearing voices now?

Forgive me Sasuke. Indra's voice rang within the back of his mind, I will seal your memories of us so that you won't have to worry about getting confused.

Sasuke had no time to protest. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell unconscious. Mikoto cried out in alarm and Itachi quickly caught him as he tumbled out of his chair.

-

He woke blinking his eyes into focus.

"Sasuke!" Mikoto hugged him tightly.

Sasuke was very confused.

"Mom?"

"Was it another dream, Sasuke?" Itachi inquired gently as Sasuke gave him a strange look.

"What dream?"

Silence ensued.

"Sasuke...we know you've been hiding them." Mikoto sniffed, "And we're here for you—!"