Chapter One:

Truly, we were the best of friends. We never left each other's side, well at least till he moved away. He was my bestest friend. I never wanted to lose him. I remeber it exatly, when I was fourteen his mother decided to move out of the state of Iowa and into Kansas. So, when he moved away, I became friendless. No one to talk to. No one to help me with the bullies. Which actually, even if he was here, he wouldn't know. He never knew. I was just that good at hiding.

Current Day:

"Julia, can you come here for a second. I have some surprising news for you." My mother had shouted from the next room over.

"Coming!" I said," Yes mom."

"Remember your cousin Janet? Well, she'll be staying with us for a bit. She'll be here, around noon tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know." Mother answered my question.

I thought, Janet. Oh, brother not Janet. Last time I saw her she made everything terrible. She's the reason why Braden moved away. Forever.

Well, I walked out of my mother's room and left the house. I drove down to the mall to my job at the arcade center for kids. All the little kids love to arcade center but, I don't because of all the loud and screaming kids. They give me headaches. After like four hours I get a break from the screaming devils. The break isn't very long. Maybe about thirty/fourty-five minutes, then back to work for about four or five more hours. Finally, I get to close up the arcade and go home. Once I'm home my clock reads something like 8:57 or so. I heat up some left over food from the other night and then go to my room. Once in my room I grab my laptop. I had a few notifications and then I saw that I have a message on Facebook from Braden.

From Braden:

Hey Julia, I was thinking about you and wanted to say I miss you. How are you?

I message back.

Me: I miss you too. I'm surviving. What about you?

I was so excided Braden messaged me. I hadn't talked to him in forever.

Braden: Same here. Well nice being able to talk to you. Talk to you later.

Me: Okay.

Well, I wasn't able to have a long conversation but, it still counts. I haven't talked to him in a while. It made me smile knowing my best friend that moved away still thinks about me. Makes me smile just so big. :) I can't wait till I can move out, and visit him. I just can't wait.

Then I started to doze asleep after I finished messaging Braden. He made my day. Soon enough I was asleep, dreaming of all the beautiful things, that wouldn't ever last.