Beach Weddings

Vince

Beach weddings... I hate beach weddings. Too hot, too humid, too windy. Thank Tyr, I am standing under the tent and not out there on the sand.

"I am warning you, brother." Wood tries to gain my attention for the millionth time.

"About what?" I look at a girl in a minuscule bathing suit that passes by.

"Focus, Vince!"

"I am focused. I am super focused."

I look at the girl's ass as she passes by. On second thought, beach weddings are the best.

"Don't pull a Vik on me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I look at him innocently.

"You know what I mean, Vince." Wood rolls his eyes.

"Hey, you wouldn't ask Jimmy Page to tone the awesomeness down, would you?"

"Tamie will be holding Devon, Vince. No swearing," he raises a finger at me.

"Fine, brother! If it's for the kid, I'll minimize the swearing." I promise.

I like Devon. He is the happiest kid I have ever met! Seriously, I have never seen him cry or act out. Wood is a lucky son of a bitch. His woman is a sweet, clever girl – and hot as hell – and the kid he adopted is even sweeter and cleverer. My man deserves as much. He is finally smiling more and living life not barely surviving.

"Minimize? How about-?" Wood starts but I cut him off.

"Sh, they are here."

Wood turns and looks upon the car that has just arrived. Tamie gets out of her sister's stunning car and positions Devon on her hip. Iris gets out as well in her light green dress and Rage growls. Lauren, Tamie's friend gets out as well with her son and this time it's Lil'Ed that tenses. He hasn't claimed the woman yet, but I can see the signs.

Ava's still pathetic save-the-planet car comes next. Ava, Lysa and Chiara get out. Chiara sure looks good in her dress and she too holds Sofia in her arms. The baby is fast asleep and Ironhand jumps up, almost taking all the chairs with him, to go grab his daughter.

When did this happen? Not long ago we were a bunch of bitter badass bikers and the only women around were rotters. Sworn bachelors the lot of us. And now we are up to our necks with Valkyries and babies and chew toys and little cars all over the place. And rotters fawning over Devon's grey eyes more than dick.

I take each of my brothers in and I all I see are stupid smiles. The groom has a longing look on his face and he couldn't care less if the rest of us would disappear. Bjorn smiles at his wife holding Ariadne in her bright summer dress and Vik is up and clapping like an idiot at his stunning wife. As for Rage, he is eyeing Iris with a deep, almost carnivorous look. Only Runner is looking at the white tent set on the beach. The reason is simple.

"Wow, the dresses are cool!" Magda says by Wood's side, stunning in her white suit.

"Dο you regret being my best man?" Wood smiles at her.

"Not a moment, big bro."

Tamie walks up to Wood and her eyes are brighter than the blue sky above us. OK, I kind of get why the brothers considered tying the knot and dedicating themselves to their Valkyries. There is some appeal to having someone look at you like that. And when Devon sees Wood and starts clapping shouting "dada", I get a little teary, I have to admit.

Tamie comes up and she and Wood hold hands. Makes you feel kind of unnecessary. Those two have pledged their lives to each other and they don't need me to make this official. There was a lifetime when I too was ready for this kind of commitment. I chuckle. It was really a lifetime ago, another me, a stupid me, a naïve Vince that thought-