Chapter 14: Triwizard Tournament

🌼Holly🌼

I sit in my train seat, next to Harry and lean my head against the window. I have three bruised ribs and a nasty bruise on my left cheek. "You alright?" Harry asks as he turns away from Hedwig. "Yeah, it just hurts...when I breathe or move."

"Anything from the trolley?" I hear a woman call and Ron starts digging into his pockets. I turn and look at Harry. "Could you get me some Gummy Snakes?" I ask sweetly pulling some Galleons from my pocket. He smiles at me and holds his hand out. "Sure," he says and I drop the coins into his palm. "Anything from the trolley?"

Harry stands up as she stops in front of the door to our car. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" She asks looking in to our compartment and Ron jumps to his feet walking over and Harry follows close behind. "Packet of Drooble's and a Licorice Wand." She grabs and hands him the Drooble's.

Ron looks down and I guess realizes he doesn't have enough Galleons to pay for the wand. "On second thought, just the Drooble's."

"It's alright, I'll get it. Don't worry," Harry offers and I smile at how sweet he is, but Ron shakes his head. "Just the Drooble's. Thanks." I watch as Harry looks at the other candies maybe to buy something for himself when I see Cho, who's the Seeker for the Ravenclaw Quidditch house, walk up. "Two Pumpkin Pasties, please," she asks and Harry turns to look at her.

I see the look that enters his eyes and turn away when she smiles at him. Snow makes a noise and I stroke her head, a bad feeling entering my heart, a feeling I've never felt before. "Thank you," I hear Cho say and I want to look back but stop myself. "Anything sweet for you dear?"

"Oh, um....." It's sounds as if he's completely forgotten what he was going to ask and it makes me feel even worse. "Gummy Snakes," Ron says giving me a sympathetic glance. "Oh, right! Gummy Snakes please," he says and I hear the coins jangle as he hands them over, she pulls out the number my coins will buy and then I hear her departing.

Harry sits back down beside me and holds out five Gummy Snakes to me and I take them without looking at him. "Thank you," I say softly, biting the head off one. "This is horrible," Hermione says and I glance over at Harry and see the smile on his face, the smile I usually have when I receive attention from him.

I close my eyes tightly and gently place my hand over my ribs trying to play it off as if they hurt. "How can the Ministry not know who conjured it?" Hermione asks and I open my eyes to look at her. Crookshanks lounges in the spot between her and Ron. "Wasn't there any security or....?"

"Loads, according to my Dad. That's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses." Harry brings his hand up and scratches at his eyebrow. Hermione looks back up from the newspaper again and sees it. "It's hurting again, isn't it? Your scar."

"I'm fine," he says and I take another bite of my Gummy Snake. Hermione leans forward with a serious look on her face. "You know Sirius will want to hear about this. What you saw at the World Cup and the dream." At that I glance at him but decide not to ask.

Harry stares at her for a moment before glancing over and looking out the window. Eventually he pulls out parchment, inkwell, and a quill. He starts writing and then when he's done he stands up and opens the window, Hedwig on his forearm. "Hedwig. There we go," he says as she takes the envelope with her beak before flying out the window.

Eventually we make it to Hogwarts and we get out of the carriages. "Are you okay, Holly?" I look over at Hermione as the boys are in front of us. "Not really. I have a bad feeling and I don't know what it is because I've never felt it before."

"Well, when did it occur?"

"When I saw the way Cho and Harry were looking at each other," I say softly and the feeling returns. I look away from her and Hermione puts her hand on my shoulder. "That was probably jealousy. And maybe a little bit of sadness."