CHAPTER 13

I opened my eyes and looked around. This place wasn't familiar. Where was I? And why was I sleeping? My senses alerted me that there might be some threat.

I quickly got up. But while doing so, I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I gave up and fell back on the bed, gasping for air. I was trying to ignore the pain, when suddenly someone walked in.

" Oh, Lisa you are awake, thank god! How do you feel?"

It was Taehyung.

" Umm, I don't know. My legs paining like hell. What happened. I'm afraid I don't remember anything."

" Oh, you were in the alley, bruised and bleeding. You got shot. Luckily, I was passing by and I heard it so when I saw you there, I just bought you home. We couldn't go to a hospital because you know, all the roads were blocked. So I called my friend over who is also a doctor and asked him to work on the wound. You are quite alright now. The pain might be there for some days but your wound is okay. Luckily, it wasn't infected also." he said with a smile.

I looked at him. And then the ceiling. The pain was killing me but I decided to ignore it. Taehyung went out of the room as he heard his phone ringing. I wanted to listen but I couldn't get up. I decided to drift back to sleep.

[DURING THE ENCOUNTER] FLASHBACK
TAEHYUNG'S POV

Lisa went out to meet her friend. It felt good hugging her, I never wanted to let go. Her scent, I knew it. But I just couldn't remember. The vibe I felt after hugging her, I knew that vibe, but I couldn't make out anything from that. I brushed my thoughts away.

What am I gonna do alone? Even though it had been just a week with her, I had grown unexceptional closer. I didn't want to let her go. She was the first girl I felt like that with. I had dated many girls before but that was just to play with them. But this time it was not like that. I wasn't using her like other girls. I wanted her, for real. 1 week time is too less but I couldn't help feeling the same way for her.

Suddenly, my phone rang and it snapped me out of my thoughts. I picked it up and it was from Namjoon.

" Hey Hyung, what happened?"
" Hey, we all are meeting up at the bar. Wanna join?"

I thought about it. I mean anyways I had nothing to do at the house. She was also not there. I thought I would tell about her to my hyung's. They would tell me at least.

" Yeah okay, cool. I'll be there in 5."
" Meet you there then."

I hung up. I was already wearing proper clothes so I just stuck in my shoes and left.

As I was walking, I could hear some distinct shout and screams of people. I guessed it was another riot taking place. This place was nuts and you could never predict what would happen next. I walked down the street to the bar we were all meeting at. It had been a week since we met and I really had to tell a lot.

The whole street was empty. No cars, no people, and not a soul to be seen. It was quite than usual. Suddenly, my eyes caught a figure, coming out from the alley, limping and holding to one hand as it walked. From what I could see, it was a girl. I thought I should help her as there was blood all over her t-shirt and pants. I was going closer when I heard a thud and that girl fell down. She was shot.

I took out my rifle and shot multiple times at the guy who was standing far away with a gun pointed at her in his hand. After making sure he was dead I went to the girl laying there. I hope she wasn't dead. I turned her around so that I could see her face, and it was none other than Lisa.

Oh god, what was she doing here? And why was she bleeding?

" T-taehyun..."

She closed her eyes. No, I couldn't let her die. Not like this not yet. Omg.

I picked her up in a bridal style and ran all the way home. Once we were home, I took her into my bedroom and laid her on my bed. I immediately called Jin Hyung and asked me him to come over asap as there was a patient in critical condition. All roads to hospitals were jammed and there's no way I could waste so much time.

I bought a bucket of water and a clean piece of cloth and began cleaning her bruised bloodied face with that. She looked so peaceful sleeping. I cleaned her face and then stroked her hair, staring at her. I held her hand and pressed it against my chest. I didn't want to lose her. Just like I had lost the people I loved the most before, I couldn't lose her. I kept staring at her until the bell rang. He was here.

BACK TO PRESENT

Y/N'S POV

I woke up to see Taehyung beside me. He had fallen asleep on the chair he was sitting on. His one hand was holding mine and the other was tangled in my hair. His presence unknowingly made me happy. I felt safe, for some reason, next to him. I was sleeping in a really awkward position which made my backache. So I just squirmed a bit to adjust properly and tried not to wake him up, but unfortunately, he did. He looked at me surprised, and then spoke up.

" Lisa, you are awake. How was your sleep?"
" It was good, why are you sleeping on the chair? It's not comfortable there."
" Would you be okay if I slept in the same bed as you?" he asked, smirking.
" Aish pabo, that's not what I meant!" I slapped him on the chest but it ended up hurting me. I groaned loudly.

" Ah don't do that. You are not completely well. You still have deep cuts and wounds."
" aiggo its okay. I'm not weak, alright. I can get up. Wait I'll show you." I said, squinting at him. He just looked at me as if I was a kid. God, how much I hated that look. He used to do the same thing when we were young.

I lifted my upper body from the bed and tried to pull my legs back so that my back could touch the headboard. As I was doing so, I didn't notice I was on the edge of the bed. I moved a bit more and tried to place my hand in the corner. But there was no place to keep my hand and I fell down.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself losing control over my own body, and before I knew it, something had caught me from falling. I opened my eyes and saw Taehyung looking at me. I looked so small, engulfed completely by his big hands. He was so huge. Our foreheads were almost touching and he stared in my eyes. I felt my whole body going weak at the sight of him so close to my face. Our lips were inches away. Only inches. I hope the distance would reduce and it did.

He stared at my lips which made me blush profusely. He leaned in and I closed my eyes, not knowing what to do either. I just waited as he leaned in more to finally touch my lips with his, when the phone suddenly rang. I mentally cursed the phone for interrupting such a good moment, and so did he, cause I heard him groan as he pulled away. He went to the living room to get his phone.

I plopped my head back onto the pillow, still thinking about how we were just inches away from kissing. I touched my forehead, it had heated up. I think I'm in love with this guy...

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Ugh! So close yet so far. I picked up the phone and almost cursed to the person on the line.

"What's wrong Hyung?" It was Namjoon.
" Where were you? We are waiting for you."
" Oh, actually some emergency came in between. I don't think I can join you guys today. Sorry, Hyung."

I cut the call. I walked back into my room where Lisa was sitting.

" Tae, I'm hungry. I want foooood!" she said whining. She looked so adorable while doing that. I pinched her cheeks and walked back into the kitchen to make some porridge for her.

ANOTHER ONE RIGHT HERE. ENJOY

ADIOS AMIGOS