Chapter 6

Delia spent the first couple of hours of the train ride filling the page of her new sketchbook by drawing Dora, who was lying on the seat playing with a muggle Rubik's cube that she had been given by her birthday and had never managed to work out. Since Delia hadn't put her colours at the top of her trunk and knew they were buried right at the bottom of her trunk, she just did a pencil sketch of her older sister, and by the time the trolley came around, she had finished drawing Dora and was beginning to draw the bench and the compartment wall behind her.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" asked the sweet old lady.

"Delia, you want anything?" asked Dora, getting up and going to her trunk to get her out her money.

"Pumpkin pasties and liquorice wand." Delia signed, putting her pencil down.

"Four pumpkin pasties, two liquorice wands, two packs of jelly beans, ten packets of gum, four chocolate frogs and a bag of Fizzing Whizzbees." said Dora.

The trolley lady smiled and chatted happily to Dora as she packed up all the sweets that Dora had asked for, and once she had been paid the eleven sickles and four knuts, she left, and they heard her shouting, 'Anything from the trolley!' all the way down the corridor.

"Two pasties each." said Dora, beginning to divide up the sweets. "Here are your liquorice wands, the jelly beans and the gum are for me -"

"Why do you need ten packets of gum?" asked Delia, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

"I need to make sure I've got enough to last me until Hogsmeade." said Dora, shrugging. "Two chocolate frogs each and then we can share the Fizzing Whizzbees."

Delia grinned and hopped over to sit next to her, grabbing one of the pasties and sinking a large bite into it. Her drawing lay sat on the other side of the compartment, forgotten.

They gorged themselves on the sweets they'd gotten for ages, laughing and joking together as they ate more and more sugar and got more and more hyper, so much so that Dora was practically bouncing off the walls. The chocolate frog cards contained one Professor Dumbledore, one Godric Gryffindor and two Helga Hufflepuff's, all of which they already had, so Dora decided to go and try to sell them to innocent first years who didn't understand how common they were. She made seven sickles as well, when the frogs had cost three knuts each.

"Well, we've probably only got about an hour left." Dora sighed. She was coming down from her sugar high and was lying with her head hanging off the edge of the seat. "We should probably get changed."

"Good idea." Delia signed.

With a heavy sigh, Dora got to her feet and pulled her wand out of her trunk.

"Celaverimus." she said, and blinds appeared out of nowhere and covered up all the windows on the door. "Come on, grab your robes and get changed."

Delia climbed up onto the bench as well and unbuckled her trunk, grabbing her uniform from the top. It was the standard first year uniform, no house colours, just a plain black tie, robes, skirt, tights and shoes, and then a white collared t-shirt. She got changed quickly and folded up the clothes she took off and placed them neatly in her trunk, although she did notice that Dora just threw hers into the top of her trunk and didn't bother to organise them.

"I never finished my drawing." she signed, glancing at her sketchbook, which was still abandoned on the seat. When she received no response from Dora, she looked around and rolled her eyes as she saw that Dora was still fiddling with her Rubik's cube with her back to Delia.

"Did you speak?" she muttered, still not turning around.

"Not for eight years."

"Right, right." said Dora, still not looking round.

Delia just rolled her eyes and closed up her sketchbook and the notebook that Dora had given her and placed them carefully on top of her clothes in her trunk. Before she closed it, she grabbed some owl treats and pushed them through the bars of Loki's cage. He tried to nip at her finger and she quickly withdrew it, giving him a stern glare before giving him the rest of the treats.

"Argh! Dammit!" Dora swore, throwing the Rubik's cube back into her trunk and slamming it closed. She folded her arms across her chest irritably as she turned around and sat back down on the bench.

"Do you give up?" signed Delia teasingly. "What's the rush anyway?"

"I had a bet with Charlie that I could solve it by the time the train arrived at Hogwarts." grumbled Dora. "Now I owe him five galleons."

"Pass it here."

"Delia, if I couldn't solve it, then neither can you." said Dora, rolling her eyes. Delia raised an eyebrow at her. "Fine, you can have a go I guess. But we've only got forty-five minutes until we get there, so you haven't go that long."

"Let me work my metaphorical magic."

Delia took the Rubik's cube from her and sat down on the bench. She twisted each part in a logical way, thinking each one through, and Dora sighed and lay back down on the seat, putting the hood of her Hufflepuff robes over her eyes and very clearly going to sleep.

They stayed like that for a while, until Delia felt the train slowing down and with a large jerk, finally come to a stop. Dora jolted awake as there was a loud clunk of metal and sat up, yawning and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She jumped again as something hit her in the chest and looked down to see the fully-solved Rubik's cube sat in her lap and a grinning Delia standing in front of her.

"You are so going to be a Ravenclaw." said Dora, rolling her eyes. "Come on, we'd better go. I'll help you get your trunk down. Oh, and don't tell Charlie you helped."

"No promises."

"Traitor." Dora grumbled as she lifted both of the supremely heavy trunks down from the luggage racks and gave Delia hers. "There's a porter on the platform who will take Loki and your trunk, and then you're going to go with Hagrid and the other first years down to the lake to go to Hogwarts."

"Then what will happen to my trunk?" asked Delia. "And Loki?"

"They'll both go to your new dorm room." Dora explained. "Wherever that is. And don't forget to write to Mum and Dad tonight."

"You're saying it like I won't see you before then." signed Delia, feeling her stomach doing a cartwheel in her stomach.

"I'm reminding you now because I know that I'll forget." Dora corrected. "Let's go. I've got to go onto the platform and find Charlie and collect my five galleons, which I will of course share with you." she added hastily as she saw Delia's face.

Delia just smirked and held the handle of her trunk a little tighter in her hand.

A/N

Okay I thought I'd published this but apparently I didn't but oh well!