𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴜɢᴇsᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ɪs ᴛᴏʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴜɢᴇs
ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ɪs ᴛᴏ
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴜɢᴇsᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ɪs ᴛᴏʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

BROOKLYN ROUTLEDGE WAS LAID DOWN, her legs hanging off the scaffolding. She and her friends had placed themselves at a Kook holiday home that was currently under construction. The sun was hitting her face, brightening the features that her face holds. The sunshine has warmth in its brilliance, reflecting a shimmer from the ends of Brooklyn's eyelashes. Under the sunshine every hue was kissed into brilliance, an art there for the seeing, for the willingness to pause and be with it in the moment. It brought every rose-hue from the bricks, every green nature bestowed, every tone of water and fire from petals evolved over eons. It made Brooklyn shine too, the warmth around feeling as love within.

A voice chimes in her ears, "That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" She peers down, seeing the voice came from Pope. He was looking up at one boy in particular— her brother— who had his foot dangling off the roof of the building, trying to balance poorly. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival," Pope tells him.

"Hm," the boy hums, seeming to like those odds. He places one finger in his mouth and holds it up to feel the direction of the wind. "Should I do it?"

Brooklyn rolls her eyes, knowing that he wouldn't jump. Even if he did, she didn't like the idea of sitting in a hospital waiting on him for hours. Pope laughs. "Yeah, jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Brooklyn squints, the sun in her eyes as she looks from her brother to Pope. She notices that Pope is holding a drill up in the air, acting as a gun to shoot the boy.

"You'll shoot me?" John B holds out his fingers to imitate a gun and takes a shot towards the boy, before turning his fingers towards Brooklyn. She replies by holding her middle finger up, earning an understandable eye roll from him.