𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟭 : 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

The heels of your dress shoes connected with the shiny polished floor of the entrance hall. The intense feeling of nervousness and intimidation washed over you and the usual warmth trapped in your veins lost its heat. The tension in the atmosphere was clear as day, you swallowed slowly and cleared your throat, the harsh sound echoing through the empty palace, making you even more nervous.

The feeling almost resembled the spike of fear during an Agni Kai, whether you were in the audience or the participant of said Agni Kai, it never failed to make you shiver when they sound the gong to signify the beginning of the cruel firebending duel.

Your chest tightened as you left your eyes drift over the sightings around you, unconsciously taking note of every small detail, the space between the beautifully painted images of all previous fire lords on the marble walls, the reflective red colored marble floor and the sound of your heels clicking against the surface that increased as you wandered further down the empty hallway. Slowly but surely your body heat returned and you began to settle down in the unfamiliar setting in which you would be spending, most likely, the rest of your life.

Once more, your blood ran cold when you heard a door click open behind you. Your body froze as another pair of footsteps joined you in the vacant hallway. Your mind went blank as the unknown figure made their way over to your still frozen form, you gulped in anticipation before letting part of the heat trapped inside of you flow down to your hands.

You weren't a skilled firebender at all, the fact you were part of the lower classes in the fire nation didn't give you any ability to go to school, neither did you have an genuine inner drive. Summarized, there was no way you would be able to defend yourself against someone who was involved with the palace of the royal family.

Even so, the smallest flame you could ignite would possibly give you enough time to flee the scene without risking anything, at least, you hoped it would.

Before you could begin to doubt your actions you already placed your left foot a step behind you, twirling your body to the right once the spark in your left fist ignited and fire began to circle around your clenched hand. Without identifying the person behind you, you blindly swung your fist at them, simply hoping that it would connect with them.

Unfortunately for you, they didn't seem to be surprised by your so called pathetic 'surprise attack' and grabbed your wrist before your fist could make contact with their body, dragging your arm downwards, turning around and stepping away from you, pulling you along with them, throwing you off your balance. You yelped once they grabbed once your arm with their free hand, squatting down and placed their bottom against your hip before lifting you up and pulling your arm forward and eventually rolling you off their hip. The air left your lungs swiftly once your back connected harshly with the polished marble floor, pain shot up your spine and you groaned, pulling back your arm that quickly got released.

You opened your eyes, staring up at the unknown figure leaning over you, well, they weren't that unknown anymore.

Princess Azula stared down at you from crouching position, her hand hovering over your throat, ready to snap your neck if you even moved an inch.

Her gaze met yours and you gulped at the intense look in her eyes before frowning in confusion as her gaze softened. Her hold on you loosened and before you could react she leaned back, placed her hands under your armpits and yanked you up, allowing you to stand straight once more.

"Who are you?" Princess Azula questioned, tilting her head to the side in a strangely innocent matter, making her look like she just didn't flip you over her shoulder without breaking a sweat.

You stumbled with your words and began stuttering out your answer.

"I-I'm.." 'you're the new servant, just say it' "I.. I'm.." 'You're a low life, you can't talk to a Princess like this, are you fucking insane? Tell her how big of a scum you truly are. sneaking into the royal palace, who do you think you are? Tell her.'

"I'm [F/N] [L/N]."