𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟭 ; 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁

"More power Azula, I know you can do more than this." You grunted as you deflected another blazing ring sent at you. Azula huffed tiredly, wiping the sweat of her forehead before getting back into her fighting stance, preparing to deliver another spinning kick at your equally exhausted body.

You sweeped your arm to the side, deflecting the fire attack as best as you possibly could. Unfortunately you didn't seem to have enough strength left from the three hour long training you've been having with Azula, accidentally letting part of her blue fire get past your defence and circle your arms, burning you slightly.

Azula simply gaped at you while you cursed, stepping towards the small bag you discarded on the side of the room at the time you started training, pulling out a small towel and a water bottle, pouring the left over content over said towel before placing it gently over the burn.

Azula quickly made her way over to you, pushing at you to sit down, once you obliged and did what Azula ordered, she crouched down in front of you and began to dig in the bag, starting to properly treat the burn. She removed the bracelets you wore and gently lifted the towel off your arm, her face twisting into a disgruntled look at the sight of the nasty wound.

She screwed open a small cup of burn cream and began to massage the cooling liquid into the scarring skin, instead of protesting against her actions, you let your gaze fall on Azula's concentrated expression. Her eyebrows furrowing slightly and the corners of her mouth were turned downwards, forming a small frown on her face. You raised your other hand to her head, stroking the loose pieces of hair behind her ear, resulting in Azula snapping her head up at you, glaring at you with an annoyed look.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked coldly, you almost shivered, almost.

You grinned and tugged your now bandaged arm back from her, a small feeling of embarrassment welling up inside you.

"Don't act so negative, Az. Lighten up, I'm fine."

Azula only frowned in response, sitting down in front of you and crossing her arms, sulking slightly under your piercing gaze.

"I hurt you." Azula averted her eyes from your still icy gaze, fumbling with the sleeves of her shirt.

You snorted softly and leaned forward, wrapping your arms around her and tugging your closer to you, burying your head in the crook of her neck.

"You're so cute Az.." You cooed, tightening your hold on Azula as she groaned, pushing your head away from her neck.

"I can and will stab you with a fire dagger, you prick." Azula argued, and even though she was being sarcastic, you knew she wouldn't hesitate to do anything like it.

But that was something you could always ignore, it wasn't Azula's fault she was raised by Ozai, he was a violent and disgusting person and there was no way she'd be able to keep her sanity around him ever since Prince Zuko disappeared from the Fire Nation.

It has been roughly three years since you met Azula in the royal palace, three years since she found out who you really were.

Two years since you started dating Azula.

It wasn't always easy, you had to hide your relationship from everyone, you didn't have the chance to go out on dates, act affectionate basically anywhere or had a chance to get married in the future. But that didn't surprise you particularly, you were simply hired as Azula's servant three year ago and met her before your job officially started when you were illegally exploring the place a bit. Even though the job did pay well and your parents could finally take care of you and themselves well, sometimes you thought too much about it, was your relationship with Azula worth it to sacrifice your life? It could come back to bite you in the end, but it was still something you didn't want to consider.

Azula was simply not stable, not mentally and not physically, Prince Zuko's disappearance had a big impact on her. No matter how much she pretended to hate him, to only have an eye for power, to want everyone to cower under her wrath, you could always see through the acts. Being by her side for so long gave you the opportunity to see all Azula's sides, her cruel and dominating side, her vulnerable and scared side, her soft hearted and gentle side and so many, many more.

Sides people never expected the future fire lord to have.

Azula suddenly pushed herself out of your grasp and hurriedly stood up, waving at you to stand up too.

"Someone's coming." She added in an annoyed manner.

You nodded in understanding and began to tug on the bandages Azula put on, making them look sloppy and uneven. Azula crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at you, tapping her foot on the floor impatiently.

The door got shoved open and Azula's advisors walked through the door, glaring at your pathetic form, clumsily fumbling with your bandages.

"Is everything alright, Princess Azula?"

Azula scoffed in annoyance and glared down at you, an amused glimmer secretly shining through her eyes.

"[L/N]'s just being a useless klutz again, nothing new there."

You attempted to muffle your laughter by coughing loudly, somehow managing to piss off Azula's advisors even more, acting like you just personally insulted them by interrupting their conversation.

"Are you certain you don't want us to replace this good for nothing? We have multiple suitable servants ready to assist you, Princess."

Azula rolled her eyes in a mocking manner, "That's Princess Azula to you, you don't have the right to disrespect my personal choices. I might as well beat some sense into him, or I would end up wasting all my time I spent on this lowlife."

Azula nodded her head towards the door and clicked her tongue, her advisors finally took the hint and made their way out of the training room, insulting you under their breath as they closed the door.

"Good lord.." Azula slumped, throwing her head backwards and groaning loudly.

"Man I sure do love conversing with your advisors, such sweet, sweet elderly."