somewhere only we know

The gray swell of clouds draped artfully across the lighter shaded gray sky perfectly represented Sabrina's gloomy mood. Ever since the week began, she hadn't felt right. The only times she felt genuinely happy or at ease was when Caliban would appear in her bedroom. Sadly, this week he only visited once for around ten minutes, saying the Kings of Hell were pressuring him about the second challenge for the unholy regalia. Ever since their first meeting at the beach, Sabrina felt drawn to him, he was magnetic and she was the magnet. Simple and cheesy, yes, but true. Caliban demanding his shot at the throne was certainly something she was ever so grateful for. How else would she ever see him again?

Today was the beginning of a long and boring weekend, Sabrina could already sense it. All of her friends were flooded with busy work schedules or late school work. (Nobody ever says how hard it is to balance school and fighting demons in the movies.) Sabrina rolled into her bed, planting herself face down on the ruffled blanket and soft, foam mattress. It was her warmest hello, and hardest goodbye.

Suddenly, lightning stroked the sky, a roll of thunder following suite. Sabrina looked up and out of her window, admiring the underrated power and relaxation that came rumbling in with thunderstorms. She had always enjoyed watching out her window for hours, simply gazing onto harsh winds and falling rain and the symphonic strum of thunder. Even as a little girl, all she wanted was to dance happily in the rain, soaking in the droplets and twirling with each strike of lightning. The witch propped herself up on her elbows, staring out her window with a blank face and wondering thoughts. The Spellman house was quiet, so she jolted at the sound of a whooping fire, a most familiar sound.

"My Queen." Caliban greeted teasingly. Sabrina smiled and looked back at him, not moving from her comfortable position on the bed. He sighed while crawling next to her and laying down almost exactly like her, his arms holding his head up.

"What are we looking at?" He asked, his voice low and somewhat tired.

Sabrina sighed, long and slow, her eyes glued to the waving trees just outside her house.

"The trees."

Caliban gazed over at her, switching his eyes over to the storm temptingly resting just above their heads. No rain yet, just thick clouds and teasing thunder. Although, the sky seemed to be clearing up in some patches, exposing a nearly white shade of sky.

"Oh." He mumbled, his sight focusing on a cloud drifting apart. It was silent between the two of them until Caliban gained an idea.

"How about a walk, Princess?"

The pair walked one behind the other down the Spellman house stairs, the young witch following neatly behind Caliban. The sky above them remained murky, yet no falling rain suggested it would proceed into the storm Sabrina hoped for. The daytime breeze was warm enough for neither of the two to layer up, an occasional rustle of wind between the trees ahead of them. Caliban stepped beside her and proceeded to walk alongside the witch until they entered the thick forest just outside of the Spellman house.

The boy glanced over at Sabrina, concern and confusion written all around his face. She didn't notice his eyes on her and kept her sight fixed on the ground before her, making sure not to fall on her face. That would be beyond embarrassing. Sabrina stepped cautiously over overgrown roots and brushed stray branches away, also avoiding any tangles of thorns. They were a good ten minutes into the woods before Sabrina stopped in the middle of a clearing, her head tilting back to gaze up at the stirring clouds above. Caliban stepped further in, noticing her pause and looked at his surroundings, admiring the lightly shaded green grass at their feet. Sabrina closed her eyes and smiled, actually letting herself relax into the stress free environment of nature.